Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
9/17/2020 5:59:48 PM
Posted: 4/29/2015 8:46:34 PM EDT
Went through an put a Holly rebuild kit in, thought the passage for the accelerator pump was cleared, but as soon as its pressurized with fuel its hard as a rock. Squirter is clear, thought it blew through with carb cleaner after dipping it; either it plugged back up or I missed something.
I suppose I'm going to have to pull the bowl and metering plate....I don't think I put the check diaphragm in backwards, but it act that way...... Any ideas?  
Link Posted: 4/30/2015 9:33:02 AM EDT
Remove the squirter and see if it will flow when you push down the pump arm. Remember there should be a check valve under the squirter screw so don't let that fall in the engine.
Link Posted: 5/1/2015 1:17:06 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By jeep450:
Remove the squirter and see if it will flow when you push down the pump arm. Remember there should be a check valve under the squirter screw so don't let that fall in the engine.
View Quote

It was actually that check valve that was stuck. Pulled the metering plate and squirter, gave it a shot of compressed air (with my finger over the hole) it took a good blast but finally popped....everything's working as it should now.  
Top Top