Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2003 7:29:22 AM EDT
I just sent a letter to Hogue asking them to develop a plug that fits their overmolded grip.
I also asked them to make it in white,brown,OD,& sand as opposed to just black.
I decided to do this post & poll for info to send them for future begging purposes.
I already know they make them in OD, but they don't seem to be ready available to the general public, so a lot of folks just don't know they can get one.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:06:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#2]
You mean that Hogue already makes a grip plug? I bought one at a gun show that doesn't work well with their grip, but I thought it was a DPMS product.
Link Posted: 12/9/2003 9:23:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:35:27 AM EDT
[#4]
The grip plugs that fit the standard A2 grip DO fit the overmolded grips.  However, they are not that tight and it would not be hard for the contents to be released.  Here is a green Hogue with a plug.  I can't remember if I got a grip plug from DPMS or somewhere else, but I have tried at least two brands and one was tighter than the other, and DPMS sells multiple variations I believe (Marsh plug).  All my Houges have them, but I don't really store anything in them.  The lip, as well as how loose they were told me I would come off without much help and under heavy fire and heavy contents, they would probably work free.  I would like to see the Hogues with a built in hard plastic container cover. The greenies are available to the public.  RRA had an exclusive agreement with Hogue and could not sell them separately, but I hear now that they do.  I ordered my greens directly from Hogue. The first clerk did not know what I was talking about, and then was under the false assumption they were not available for general sales.  I persevered and called back a second time.  The second clerk had no problems and knew her stuff, she sent the green grips pronto.  You should have no problem ordering them unless you get a stupid clerk.

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=13413[/img]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top