Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 3/10/2010 12:50:44 AM EDT
I know this should probably go in the 10/22 or refinishing but neither of those get much traffic so here goes....

I am thinking about buying said stock for my 10/22 and I was wondering if there is any way they can be painted.

I don't really think the paint would stick to the rubber all that well but they dont seem to sell the color I want.

So, what says the hive mind?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:53:25 AM EDT
Paint won't take to the rubber.

Learn yo love black.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:58:28 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Danner130:
Paint won't take to the rubber.

Learn yo love black.

Then how do they make basketballs orange?
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:07:57 AM EDT
Try contacting Lauer directly, about if Duracoat will stick.

I doubt it, but that stuff sticks to a lot of stuff. I was wearing Crocs once, painting my shed, and I got white paint all over them. Next time I used black Duracoat, I painted my Crocs black again. It lasted about 18 months, and I had to repaint them, but they get a lot more use than a 10/22 stock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:22:02 AM EDT
The hogue OM stocks are available in a few different colors.

I have one in black and it's a great stock.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:36:51 AM EDT
Originally Posted By rooster4bravo:

I doubt it, but that stuff sticks to a lot of stuff. I was wearing Crocs once, painting my shed, and I got white paint all over them. Next time I used black Duracoat, I painted my Crocs black again. It lasted about 18 months, and I had to repaint them, but they get a lot more use than a 10/22 stock.

FAIL!!!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:39:40 AM EDT
Originally Posted By LordHumongous:

FAIL!!!

This!
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 1:54:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2010 1:55:53 AM EDT by rooster4bravo]
Originally Posted By Warrior102:

FAIL!!!

This!

Fine I'll stick to my Vibram Five Fingers! Seriously though, the point remains, a good finish like duracoat, not baked of course, will likely hold up pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:54:22 AM EDT

FAIL!!!

Not if they're Duracoated.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 3:56:50 AM EDT
Try contacting Lauer directly, about if Duracoat will stick.

Speak for your own 10/22 stock!!

I suppose paint would flake off, but I bet it would stick for a good while. Hell, EVERYTHING sticks to this stock so paint should too.
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:41:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Dksimon89:
I know this should probably go in the 10/22 or refinishing but neither of those get much traffic so here goes....

I am thinking about buying said stock for my 10/22 and I was wondering if there is any way they can be painted.

I don't really think the paint would stick to the rubber all that well but they dont seem to sell the color I want.

So, what says the hive mind?

What color are you looking for?

Hogue Overmolded Ghillie stock come in black, tan and OD. And a few camo patterns as well.

Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:53:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/10/2010 12:54:19 PM EDT by JasonblkZ06]
They have black, OD, Tan, pink, tan ghillie, black ghillie, and OD ghillie. Lots of choices there.
Top Top