Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/29/2002 9:28:02 AM EDT
Well, I am looking to buy a preban 20" rifle and have found two that I like. Both are NIB and come with all original factory accessories and paperwork. one is a Colt blue label with everything except a bayo lug, the other is a Bushmaster. they are within a few dollars of each other, so price is not the object here. Are there any other things I should consider when making a choice ??
I would appreciate any input or opinions[:D]
Spectre
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:29:36 AM EDT
[#1]
If you get the Bushmaster you won't have to worry about GI parts not fitting and being forced to buy bastardized Colt non-spec parts!

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:31:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I suspect you can't go wrong either way, but IMHO the Colt will bring a higher price should you decide to sell it later.

Mike

PS I think the Blue label has the small pivot pin, is that correct? As large pivot pin may come into play should you decide to mount another upper.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:33:14 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree with mr_wilson on future value. But if you are going to shoot it go with the Bushmaster.

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:38:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I agree with mr_wilson on future value. But if you are going to shoot it go with the Bushmaster.

[beer]
View Quote

I don't know about the hole size, but will find out. It definetly will be shot (regularly[:D]) not looking for a safe queen .
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 9:39:27 AM EDT
[#5]
If the BM can be verified by BM as bonafide pre-ban that left the factory as a complete rifle, I would choose it. They are harder to find than blue-label Colts, and hold their resale value well.

I would not want the Colt unless it was a small pivot pre-drilled for the GI detent. I have two of those.

YMMV!
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:11:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 10:33:40 AM EDT
[#7]
i have both. get the bushey, you will not regret it, trust me.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Buy the Bushmaster, then go to a gun show and act like you want to sell it. Laugh when everybody offers you ridiculously low amounts and tell you it's because only Colt's are valuable. Colt's are great if you are the kinda guy who has to have designer label clothes.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:06:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for the Bushmaster.

Just love the product and the company's idea of how to build a military rifle.

It's not like you'd go horribly wrong with a Colt though. They go bang too.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I would get the Bushmaster. The Colt definitely has weird pin sizes, if not it's an aberration.

While the Colt may have a little more resale value, after the AWB sunsets and the price falls though the floor on both of these rifles that point will be moot.
Link Posted: 1/29/2002 11:10:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Another vote for the Bushmaster.

View Quote

And another.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top