Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 10:01:31 AM EDT
It doesn't do it with unlisted numbers, you get a map too. I'm not real comfortable with this, but I guess it's no different than the phone book.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:39:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, however you can't just look up someones phone number in a directory, unless you have the database.

In order for someone to find you, they need to know your name.  Phone numbers aren't listed in numerical order.

It should give chicks pause before they give guys their phone number.  In the past a number kept one fairly anonymous.  Now giving out a number could trigger an unwanted visit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:42:45 AM EDT
[#2]
BTW - that moron guy who is always accidentally calling my cell phone is toast!

[flame]

I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE!  MUHWAAAHAAAA!
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 10:52:04 AM EDT
[#3]
Click on the phone icon, and follow the instructions to remove your residential listing information.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:05:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm not on it. I've never had a listed number. But I put a few cell numbers in for poeple I know and one NRA instructer I know's name came up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#5]
That's nothing, once in Google I did an image search for myself, and My picture showed up!!!  I was freaked man, try it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interesting, however you can't just look up someones phone number in a directory, unless you have the database.

In order for someone to find you, they need to know your name.  Phone numbers aren't listed in numerical order.

It should give chicks pause before they give guys their phone number.  In the past a number kept one fairly anonymous.  Now giving out a number could trigger an unwanted visit.
View Quote

There have been reverse telephone books as long as there have been normal telephone books.  They don't come for free in the mail, but can be purchased at a minimal cost.  They let you look up by phone number and/or address instead of by name.  I used to always have a current one until the internet came along.  Now there is no reason to pay for it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:29:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's nothing, once in Google I did an image search for myself, and My picture showed up!!!  I was freaked man, try it.
View Quote

how?
did it look like this?
[img]http://www.orangutans-sos.org/images/abdul3.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:48:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Click on the phone icon, and follow the instructions to remove your residential listing information.
View Quote
Thanks for info, done.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 12:27:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Huh??? Reverse lookups have been around for many years. They used to print reverse-phone-number phone books, even back before 1990.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top