Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:06:11 AM EDT
Ok, im creating a UniGraphics License server for a corporate client. Im having trouble trying to figure out where the server starts and the user ends. Im using FLEXlm. I want ot beable to put all the licenses on one machine and have other machines come and lease them from that machine. So once they are done with them, tehy are put back for someone else to use.

so,
1) is this possible
2) Where can i find information

And any help anyone can provide would be VASTLY useful.

Thank you all in advance!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#1]
That is how the UG license server works (checking out a license and checking it back in for other machines to use).  I don't know if they even have a stand-alone license any longer, but I am not sure.  If you purchased this legally, you should be able to call the UG help line.  It's been years since I called, but I think it's 1-800-955-0000.  You will need your "Sold To ID", or whatever they call it now.  They will be able to tell you anything you would need to know.

Also, have you checked the online documentation?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I was checking out some of the UG forums for an answer and see you have already found one Eng-tips).  There don't seem to be a lot of good ones out there.  Not that I have found, anyway.  Let me know what you find out
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:40:36 AM EDT
[#3]
If this is a legal install, you have one hour and 15 minutes left to get EDS on the horn and deal with an American support tech to help you solve your problem.  If not, tell your client to pony up the 30K per seat.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:46:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes they are legal installs. Ill call UGS to see if i can find anything out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top