Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2017 6:22:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
In reference to that trailer...

Hitler said nothing wrong.

But he should also have remarked on the fact that at the time of the original series, women couldn't captain a Federation starship.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

But he should also have remarked on the fact that at the time of the original series, women couldn't captain a Federation starship.
View Quote
This.

Star Trek Continues Ep 7 Embracing the Winds.

Star Trek Continues E07 "Embracing the Winds"
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:41:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well that's not true. The network didn't want a female XO, but there was no Starfleet rule in universe. NX-02 Columbia had a female captain.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:41:38 PM EDT
[#4]
moar betterer

Hitler's Reaction to Gen4 Glocks, the 45. ACP, and Americans
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Meh.

As a big fan of star trek, I can't say it really does anything for me.

I liked TNG.   DS9 was awesome.   Voyager was mostly garbage but had it's moments.   Enterprise had almost no redeeming qualities.  I didn't even finish that series until years and years after it was off the air.

Honestly, I figured the franchise was pretty much dead.   And then I saw Star Trek: Beyond.  I was bored and it was on Amazon Prime so I figured, meh, why not?    Holy shit... it was an actual Star Trek movie.   And it was good.   It actually kind of felt like a good, traditional episode of Star Trek, just with a big budget.    Quite enjoyable.

I'll tune into Discovery but so far it's not looking good.   Of course, the trailers for Star Trek Beyond made it look like garbage, too.  And that one turned out great.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:11:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Why are female Starfleet personnel wearing pants in 2250?
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:28:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why are female Starfleet personnel wearing pants in 2250?
View Quote
They wore pants in the earliest episodes.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:30:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Well that's not true. The network didn't want a female XO, but there was no Starfleet rule in universe. NX-02 Columbia had a female captain.
View Quote
According to the last episode of TOS, "Turnabout Intruder", women can not captain a starship.  That is why Janice Lester used an alien device to swap her consciousness with Kirk.  She was filled with rage because only men were allowed to be captains. 
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote
"I should kill myself with a hi-point."

Link Posted: 6/23/2017 7:43:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
According to the last episode of TOS, "Turnabout Intruder", women can not captain a starship.  That is why Janice Lester used an alien device to swap her consciousness with Kirk.  She was filled with rage because only men were allowed to be captains. 
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Indeed, and just what I was referring to.
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 8:36:37 PM EDT
[#12]
My fave is still the brownells pmag vid, maybe because I had pmags ordered from them.

Hitler Reacts to Brownell's Pmag Backorder Problem
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#13]
holy fucking semantics-driven nerd orgy batman

it reads like cliffs notes to "how to give a fuck about how fast paste dries when you smear it on your taint"
and probably just about as fucking interesting.  

you know what expression my face is wearing right now?

the same one I wear when I see a suburban housewife flip the fuck out about how they didn't get enough whipped whatever-the-fuck in their salted caramel frappucino underbite at overpriced-chain-coffee-vendor

and motherfuckers wonder why I have a penchant for schadenfreude

and it's sadly funny.  
it's because shit that's supposed to be funny... isn't.  
and shit that's supposed to be serious?  it trips on it's dick so hard that it looks like the fucking worm ouroboros.  this infinity-wheel of perpetual dick-tripping, this ridiculous fumbling, choking, and gagging ineptitude

this is worse than played-out.  it's the abstract version of the ironic performance-art variant on played-the-fuck-out with an audience of two.  and only one of them gets the fucking "inside joke", and that's only because that's the insipid fuck-stick that made the shitty video in the first pace.

nobody else cares.

except, of course, the 0.0000000001% of the fucking population of the planet in the history of existence that took a community college course to learn conversational klingon
you know, because that skill-set helps you in real life, both socially and professionally.  not to mention the correlation it has to those with high emotional quotients and high-spectrum-end self awareness levels.  

Also understanding full-well; these are the same folks that are widely-known for never wearing food-stained convention t-shirts or ever having personal appearance or hygiene issues
Link Posted: 6/23/2017 9:48:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
holy fucking semantics-driven nerd orgy batman

it reads like cliffs notes to "how to give a fuck about how fast paste dries when you smear it on your taint"
and probably just about as fucking interesting.  

you know what expression my face is wearing right now?

the same one I wear when I see a suburban housewife flip the fuck out about how they didn't get enough whipped whatever-the-fuck in their salted caramel frappucino underbite at overpriced-chain-coffee-vendor

and motherfuckers wonder why I have a penchant for schadenfreude

and it's sadly funny.  
it's because shit that's supposed to be funny... isn't.  
and shit that's supposed to be serious?  it trips on it's dick so hard that it looks like the fucking worm ouroboros.  this infinity-wheel of perpetual dick-tripping, this ridiculous fumbling, choking, and gagging ineptitude

this is worse than played-out.  it's the abstract version of the ironic performance-art variant on played-the-fuck-out with an audience of two.  and only one of them gets the fucking "inside joke", and that's only because that's the insipid fuck-stick that made the shitty video in the first pace.

nobody else cares.

except, of course, the 0.0000000001% of the fucking population of the planet in the history of existence that took a community college course to learn conversational klingon
you know, because that skill-set helps you in real life, both socially and professionally.  not to mention the correlation it has to those with high emotional quotients and high-spectrum-end self awareness levels.  

Also understanding full-well; these are the same folks that are widely-known for never wearing food-stained convention t-shirts or ever having personal appearance or hygiene issues
View Quote
Well that escalated quickly.

Also, Discovery can go shit a brick. Waiting for The Orville to come out. That should make for some good sci-fi. Like a season worth of Galaxy Quest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top