Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 3:45:37 PM EST
Hmmm, I have been bitten once again, by the GARAND BUG, Damn I cant shake this on off, it is bad....

So bad, I am eventhinking about trading one of my ARs off for another Garand... now that is a PROBLEM.......
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:49:39 PM EST
Get another from the DCM/CMP, they got scads of M1 Garands in their warehouse. It's cheaper than getting rid of your AR.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:50:08 PM EST
I just got my first one two weeks ago. It has never seen the inside of the safe because I leave it out so I can see it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:53:10 PM EST

Originally Posted By warlord:
Get another from the DCM/CMP, they got scads of M1 Garands in their warehouse. It's cheaper than getting rid of your AR.

Thats what I am working on........I hope........
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 3:53:33 PM EST
I want a Greek-issue M1 Garand, but buying from the CMP is such a pain in the ass with having to be in a CMP club and showing that you can handle the weapon... A lot of crap to go through, especially since there's a lot of assholes in my area that would just hassle me.

I just want a Garand that will WORK, and not have to pay over $500 for it.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:05:42 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sturmwehr:
I want a Greek-issue M1 Garand, but buying from the CMP is such a pain in the ass with having to be in a CMP club and showing that you can handle the weapon... A lot of crap to go through, especially since there's a lot of assholes in my area that would just hassle me.

+1

-HS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:08:29 PM EST

Originally Posted By HillBillySasquatch:
+1

-HS

I know, I'm a cheapass.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:12:45 PM EST

Just join the GCA, all it costs is $25, and you dont have to mess with anyone. That will take care of your membership to a affiliated club.
Then if you have a CWL or a C&R license, or alot of other accepted forms of meeting your "shooting" part of the program.

Go here to find out more. www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/eligibility_requirements.htm
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:12:59 PM EST

+1

-HS

typical liberal attitude, wanting something for nothing. lets get out the waaaambulance....

oh, and here's a couple of my CMP garands....

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:13:47 PM EST

join the garand owners club and if you have a ccw permit you are set
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:21:10 PM EST

All you have to do is shoot 1 match to qualify besides being a member of an authorized club, its a lot of fun. Besides, I've seen some real worn out Garands(ie barrel bore dark, handguard rattle etc) at the local gunshows for $500. Can't go wrong with helping out the CMP, they're on our side.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:32:08 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 4:35:10 PM EST by Sturmwehr]

Originally Posted By furball75:
if you have a ccw permit you are set

Kind of difficult to get when you're just about to turn 19.

typical liberal attitude

Don't even start with that bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:35:46 PM EST
Ok, how about a hunter saftey course that requires shooting.
I am using my CCW as proof.

But, if I did not have it....I took the MD hunter saftey course, which requires rifle and shotgun shooting during the course. Which is good enough for CMP.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:22:38 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:25:37 PM EST
Trade an AR for one, I'd do it if I had a few ARs... they'll make more ARs... but no more USGI Garands... get 'em while they're hot.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 5:25:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 5:26:35 PM EST by Mall-Ninja]
*shrugs* OK........ *tonk*
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 6:00:47 AM EST

Originally Posted By cduarte:

+1

-HS

typical liberal attitude, wanting something for nothing. lets get out the waaaambulance....

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/gkm1d.jpg

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/m1lw3.jpg

How did you get that stock so fine looking?
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:48:55 AM EST
I want to get a C&R license now... But some of the forms the ATF has available confuses me.

There's about 3-4 different C&R forms available, but the ATF only has one of their website... Which should I apply for? Also, must you be 21 or older to be approved?

$30 for 3 years is reasonable, considering.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:54:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/1/2004 10:55:17 AM EST by cduarte]

Originally Posted By captainpooby:

Originally Posted By cduarte:

+1

-HS

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/gkm1d.jpg

home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/m1lw3.jpg

How did you get that stock so fine looking?

erm, restoring walnut stocks has become kind of a hobby. It involves steam irons, mineral spirits/lacquer thinner. steel wool, selected stains, boiled linseed oil, tung oil, etc....
it's kind of complicated but fun. Here's something I archived from the garand forums at www.jouster.com...it's no longer there but I put it up here for you and anyone else. home.comcast.net/~c.duarte/garandwood.txt That article is very useful and I use many of the techniques and products spelled out in it.

FYI, both of those stocks and handguards were much uglier when I started.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:25:33 PM EST
BTT
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:27:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By 1shott:

So bad, I am eventhinking about trading one of my ARs off for another Garand... now that is a PROBLEM.......

Want to trade your car for a horse & buggy?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 12:30:41 PM EST
BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM!BOOM! PING!

I love that sound.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 1:30:05 PM EST

Originally Posted By fight4yourrights:

Originally Posted By 1shott:

Want to trade your car for a horse & buggy?

I'll trade my SAR-1 for a Garand if in good condition.

It's more like trading in a Yugo for a 1948 Mercury, really...

Perhaps it's me, but nothing is more refined and elegant than a M1 Garand. How can an almost 70-year-old rifle still impress youngins' like myself?

BECAUSE IT'S FRIGGIN AWESOME, DUH!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:19:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 3:22:14 PM EST by FRO]
CMP service grade HRA

I sold a TA31 F to get this Mint International Harvester

Greek photos, HRA rifle. barrel was marked bore, stock was scrap wood. The barrel cleaned up inside to a mirror and I put a birch stock on it. Its a tack driver and an excellent truck gun. Barrel = TE2.5, ME2.0.
See greek pics here

BE VERY CAREFULLLLL. These are just as addictive as AR's if not more.

Springfield DANE RACK WWII

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:31:20 PM EST
this is my problem....................i have enough for another garand or i have enough to evilize my ARs on the 13th......................

poor sucks
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 12:23:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By TexRdnec:
this is my problem....................i have enough for another garand or i have enough to evilize my ARs on the 13th......................

poor sucks

Answer: EVILIZE THE GARAND! HAHAHAHA!

ZE LIBURALZ KAN DU NUTHZING!!!!
Top Top