Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/17/2009 2:27:14 PM EDT
Some changes to my old stumpy.  A member here did a mod job on an MP5K grip to fit a standard rail.  Got a LaRue mount for the BUIS and Eothingy. Some XTM rail covers.

RRA 9mm with 4" barrel.
3# Jard trigger. Bumpfires like a mofo!
YHM Wraith 9mm suppressor.  I am thinking about getting a Wraith XL next year so I can just keep this can on my pistol, and have a bigger can for the rifle.
Yes it says SHTF where I wish AUTO was.

So I realize I hate it. It is too heavy.  It should be tiny and light.

MBUS to the rescue
I also put a single point sling thingamagigit on there.

And a picture of the barrel was requested. I realize now I should have got a 5.5" barrel so it would come out further. But oh well. No, the gas does not hit your hand.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:28:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:28:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Ill pass, but if you like it...
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:29:09 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:29:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:30:11 PM EDT
[#6]
What a twist!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:30:30 PM EDT
[#7]
stumpy is hot
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:32:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
That looks cool but isn't it basically a really heavy, oversized pistol?

Not saying I wouldn't take one, but it seems like the worst of both worlds.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Isn't that rear BUIS up a bit high?

Yep. But the front buis is one for a gas block, but it is on the rail. The heights meet perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:40:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:41:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

In power, yes. In execution, not even close. Weight + optic + shoulder stock = highly controlled, highly accurate PDW.  But I made it for fun.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:44:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:50:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Is that some kind of brass deflector?
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Most all pistol caliber ARs have that. Yes. It is a brass deflector.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#16]
That's fuckin' sweet.

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 2:55:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Man I've been looking for a front grip like that for ages, figures that it's a custom one-off job. Im actually pretty surprised nobody makes a VFG with a built in finger stop.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

First time I ever noticed it.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Looks better with the can on.

I like it!

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:08:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:25:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Man I've been looking for a front grip like that for ages, figures that it's a custom one-off job. Im actually pretty surprised nobody makes a VFG with a built in finger stop.

By the way, if the dude who made yours is willing to make another, have him PM me. I'd pay well for one.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:35:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

With the supressor mounted, that is a thing of freakish beauty!!!  

This!
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Some changes to my old stumpy.  A member here did a mod job on an MP5K grip to fit a standard rail.  Got a LaRue mount for the BUIS and Eothingy. Some XTM rail covers.

RRA 9mm with 4" barrel.

YHM Wraith 9mm suppressor.  I am thinking about getting a Wraith XL next year so I can just keep this can on my pistol, and have a bigger can for the rifle.

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_3907_1000.jpg

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_3906_1000.jpg

Is it more accurate or faster than a G17?

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:51:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

RRA 9mm with 4" barrel.

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_3907_1000.jpg

http://nullbits.foxxz.net/albums/gun/IMG_3906_1000.jpg

Is it more accurate or faster than a G17?

Long answer:
A G17 has a moving barrel, is lightweight and has no shoulder stock or forward grip.
Stumpy is heavy, the barrel is bolted hard to the receiver and it has a shoulder stock and forward grip.
What do you think?

Short answer:
yes.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 5:54:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Looks great with the Suppressor.
Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:20:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:

By the way, if the dude who made yours is willing to make another, have him PM me. I'd pay well for one.

Cool I make the K-grips and I can make you one...

Hires a couple pics...

Link Posted: 12/17/2009 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hires a couple pics...

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo65/mx556/100_2231.jpg

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo65/mx556/100_2171.jpg

Time for you to go into business.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:54:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hires a couple pics...

Time for you to go into business.

I agree. When I first built Stumpy I looked for a K grip for it and was amazed nobody had made a K grip that fit a rail.  Then saw it in a picture thread and asked them where they got directing me to you.  
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 4:59:57 AM EDT
[#29]

damn, thats neat

you have any pics of the bbl?

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#30]
i want to build something just like this....but I have some questions. if you could provide answers w/ silenceer on, and off, i would appreciate. LOVE YOUR BUILD.

do you have problems cycling rounds?

have you measured bullet velocity?

what barrel did you use, and what are you shooting out of it that stabilizes?
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:14:15 AM EDT
[#31]
BADASS
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:19:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

you can't even compare a shoulder-fired weapon with a pistol of any size.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
i want to build something just like this....but I have some questions. if you could provide answers w/ silenceer on, and off, i would appreciate. LOVE YOUR BUILD.

do you have problems cycling rounds? Never jammed on me. Except a couple times bump firing.

have you measured bullet velocity? Nope. As much as I experiment with subsonic hand loads for various things I really should get a chronograph.

what barrel did you use, and what are you shooting out of it that stabilizes? Barrel is Rock River Arms cut to 4" by ADCO. I have never had rounds not stabilize. Why would they not? It is a 9mm and a 4" barrel is a common pistol barrel length. I have shot WWB, UMC, AE, Blazer, random whatever, handloads.  Everything has worked fine.

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:30:10 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

do you have problems cycling rounds? Never jammed on me. Except a couple times bump firing.

have you measured bullet velocity? Nope. As much as I experiment with subsonic hand loads for various things I really should get a chronograph.

what barrel did you use, and what are you shooting out of it that stabilizes? Barrel is Rock River Arms cut to 4" by ADCO. I have never had rounds not stabilize. Why would they not? It is a 9mm and a 4" barrel is a common pistol barrel length. I have shot WWB, UMC, AE, Blazer, random whatever, handloads.  Everything has worked fine.

for some reason i didnt realize it was 9mm. i thought you were shooting .223 out of it, which is what i would like to do.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:32:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

for some reason i didnt realize it was 9mm. i thought you were shooting .223 out of it, which is what i would like to do.

Ah. I seriously doubt you could get something this short in .223.  There is barely any room for a gas block. And the gas getting there so fast would be hell on your action. Not to mention the velocity on the round would be extremely lackluster.  But the fireball sure would be big and loud.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it's a gas deflector.  Blowback system so some gases come a flying towards the face.  Again it's a gas deflector NOT a brass deflector.  

9mm AR are fun.  Wish I could get mine chopped, not as extreme but would be nice to have the option

OLY systems don't have it as they just use a regular AR upper.  You will see vendors calling it a gas deflector or brass deflector but again it's a gas deflector
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:38:58 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually it's a gas deflector.  Blowback system so gases come a flying towards the face.  Again it's a gas deflector NOT a brass deflector.  

9mm AR are fun.  Wish I could get mine chopped, not as extreme but would be nice to have the option

Ah, good to know. That makes sense. I always wondered why they put such a pronounced deflector on pistol cal ARs.  But I have to say it really is both, as mine is pox parked with brass hits.  So it is doing both functions.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah. I seriously doubt you could get something this short in .223.  There is barely any room for a gas block. And the gas getting there so fast would be hell on your action. Not to mention the velocity on the round would be extremely lackluster.  But the fireball sure would be big and loud.

haha thats why i was like
but i want to find that "sweet spot" in barrel length for .223. I plan to run my rig with the silencer on at all times, and want the shortest possible barrel that I can slap on there and still be able to stabilize and shoot out to 150-200 yards.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 5:48:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snip>

<snip>. But the fireball sure would be big and loud.

It would be AWESOME!!!!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

haha thats why i was like
but i want to find that "sweet spot" in barrel length for .223. I plan to run my rig with the silencer on at all times, and want the shortest possible barrel that I can slap on there and still be able to stabilize and shoot out to 150-200 yards.

I think I have seen a 7.5" .223 suppressed in a thread in the suppressor forum.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 8:44:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Very sharp Mjohn!
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 9:29:59 AM EDT
[#42]
I like it.  Had a similar project in mind.
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:00:16 AM EDT
[#43]
love it, I need to be something similar
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#44]
Hidiously freakish, yet, I can't look away...
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

With the supressor mounted, that is a thing of freakish beauty!!!  

Yeah it kind of looks like a beak.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:47:34 PM EDT
[#46]
Bump. I changed stuff.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:49:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Awesome. I love it. I REALLY need to SBR something...
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:51:33 PM EDT
[#48]
how can u hate it?

Dumb question but what mags are u using?
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hires a couple pics...

1 K grip please
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 1:53:50 PM EDT
[#50]
kripes thats short.  

I like it
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top