Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/17/2004 5:58:22 PM EST
Howdy all. I'm going into the Army here in a couple months, 31Bravo MOS (Military Police). I was wondering, if I stay in the Army till I retire, around age 40, what would be my chances of getting picked up by a decent agency or even a state or fed agency?

I'd really hate to get all that real world experience, and not be able to put it to good use.

What would be chances if i didn't reup in 5 years? (If any unforeseen circumstances crop up?)

By the way, I'm 19 now. Was planning to just finish my crim justice degree, and go into civvie LE as soon as I turned 21, but the more I heard about the Army, the more I liked about it. Ill be finishing my degree in the Army as time permits.

John
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 6:32:28 PM EST
No go on federal law enforcement, you gotta start your fed LE career before you turn 37.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:59:41 AM EST
Some states will not take MP's for LEO's. Check you area or reclass to 11 series on your next enlistment. At least that was the way Michigan was when I left for the service in 91'.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:24:36 AM EST
I know tons of blue brothers who were mud puppies before they became coppers. Not an issue.

Re: the age thing....You are SOL if you want to Fed (but feds are boring, uptight and swamped with rules regs and mickey-mouse BS have
If you go local or county, your chances are far, far better. My agency hired a guy that was 46 w/no prior LE exp.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 5:32:13 AM EST
Good to go in my dept. MOS >OK, ETS>OK. As long as you pass all tests & checks and get through the academy and FTO.
Top Top