Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/8/2011 8:20:14 AM EDT
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/03/08/hipster-virus-spreads-to-mass-effect.aspx

This first one made me laugh since I live in a hipster-infested college town.

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/8/2011 1:25:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I hated Jacks character in ME2, I hardly ever used her.  She was so damn whiny and annoying.

Link Posted: 3/8/2011 1:34:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I hated Jacks character in ME2, I hardly ever used her.  She was so damn whiny and annoying.

In general all the ME2 characters were inferior to those from ME1.

Only Kaiden ever got on my nerves in the first one, but fully half of them are "ugh no thanks" in the sequel.

Jack:  Annoying emo weirdo.
Grunt: Cheap knock-off of the original.
Jacob: Obnoxious emo wannabe-me.
Thane: Damn, another emo?  Already?  Go away.

The rest were ok.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 5:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

That's why her wearing those big ass glasses listening to Arcade Fire made me laugh even more.

My favorite is Garrus' attitude: fuck the political BS, just kill the bad guys who deserve it.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 8:03:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

In general all the ME2 characters were inferior to those from ME1.

Only Kaiden ever got on my nerves in the first one, but fully half of them are "ugh no thanks" in the sequel.

Jack:  Annoying emo weirdo.
Grunt: Cheap knock-off of the original.
Jacob: Obnoxious emo wannabe-me.
Thane: Damn, another emo?  Already?  Go away.

The rest were ok.

I didn't mind Jacob... he bugged me at first but he kind of grew on me and I liked that at least SOMEONE onboard maintains military discipline and follows orders without having it demanded of them.

The rest, though, yeah. I loved Garrus still, and even though a lot of folks didn't care for him, I liked Zaeed for his no frills no bullshit kill the enemy attitude... Zaeed + Garrus makes for one damn hell of a backup team, even on Insanity. I can only think of three or four fights in my whole Insanity playthrough that those two were screwed on.

It was nice to have Tali back, I always liked her, though I don't get the people who got horny over her. She's an alien fer chrissakes, so much so she can't even eat the same food.

Liara... I never liked Liara in the first game, struck me as a naive boob, but after playing Lair of the Shadow Broker I had more respect for her. She reminds me of a girl you met in college who was a brainless hold-hands-and-sing-we-are-the-world liberal, but then you meet her again after she's been in the real world and she's very different, and in a good way.

Mordin struck me as a weirdo at first but the more I talked to him the more he grew on me and now I love the guy.

Kasumi... meh, whatever. Corny Japanese girl. I wouldn't kick her off the ship, but I wasn't thrilled to have her there either.

Thane can go to hell. Stupid emo crabman. I wanted to like him but I couldn't do it. Jack too... fuck Jack. When ME3 is a month from release and I replay ME1 and ME2, I'm going to make sure Jack and Thane buy the farm at the end of my game so I never have to see their stupid asses again.

Miranda... talk about serious daddy issues. Would not date. She's got control issues too. She's a big reason I started liking Jacob... his obeying and offering a crisp salute after Miranda pisses and moans because I didn't do what she wanted was a wonderful contrast. That said, she's pretty decent in combat and her squad-level combat bonuses are very helpful. She's salvageable as a character after she gets a little humility and respect for Shepard after the sister rescue.

Samara? She's like Grunt for me. Don't really use him, but don't hate him; same for her.

Legion is one fascinating little bot though. I don't mind him sticking around even if I don't take him on missions much.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#6]
I agree. For the most part, the characters in ME2 where mentally insane. The game lost the sci fi setting and made it seem more like a nutty drama game to me. Overall still a good game, but the story and characters where a huge let down from ME1.

I wish I could automatically execute Jack to. I don't want to see her him it in ME3.
Link Posted: 3/9/2011 11:05:19 PM EDT
[#7]
GREAT, NOW I'M BACK TO PLAYING MASS EFFECT........AGAIN!!!!

Anywho, I made this for you guys....enjoy!  

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 6:00:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Yep. I think I killed her on purpose, can't remember.

Link Posted: 3/10/2011 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#10]
I like having Grunt to just soak up the damage and attract more gunfire (otherwise they all aim at me)
I like having Garrus for accurate fire
Jack I only take with me if I expect a lot of low strength resistance, because she can just knock them aside with her power wave...

The rest of the characters were all pretty much secondary.
Link Posted: 3/10/2011 5:55:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I like having Grunt to just soak up the damage and attract more gunfire (otherwise they all aim at me)
I like having Garrus for accurate fire
Jack I only take with me if I expect a lot of low strength resistance, because she can just knock them aside with her power wave...

The rest of the characters were all pretty much secondary.

I liked using Garrus and Mordin.  Mordins fire attack was badass if you got it all the way up and it would go through enemy armor.  I also liked to use Jacob and Miranda together sometimes, that way you could use pull and then hit them with warp while they are in the air, that attack deals quite a bit of damage since warp detonates any biotic powers currently in use on the subject.

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 12:49:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Jack was without a doubt the best character in Mass Effect 2. You have to go all paragon with her to appreciate her character.

And just for laughs

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 2:32:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Of all the things that irked me about Mass Effect 2, probably the silliest is that we have a machine that will cure facial scarring.

....So, lets not fucking tell Garrus!  

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 5:57:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Of all the things that irked me about Mass Effect 2, probably the silliest is that we have a machine that will cure facial scarring.

It's for curing facial scarring on smoothskins. Garrus would need something probably closer to a rock drill.

Besides, he was always ugly. Just slap some facepaint on and he's good to go.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 9:04:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's for curing facial scarring on smoothskins. Garrus would need something probably closer to a rock drill.

Besides, he was always ugly. Just slap some facepaint on and he's good to go.

I'm told that there are women that find facial scars attractive.

Most of them are Krogan, mind you.....

I'd like to say also, that Garrus and Wrex are my all time favorite companions.
My favorite conversations and battles were with those jerks.  

Here, have some more of my crappy ....'work.'

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Here, have some more of my crappy ....'work.'

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y238/Trav0/panel2.png

Heyyy, it's a comic mixing one of the best games of all time with one of the worst games of all time. Awesome.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:28:27 PM EDT
[#17]
I will call it.....

Mass of Doody.

/rimshot
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

I will call it.....

Mass of Doody.
/rimshot
Nice. Now it's a poop thread.

One of these days, I will play Mass Effect.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:03:33 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I will call it.....

Mass of Doody.

/rimshot

Mass Effect......

I don't know what more I could say good about the game.  The first Mass Effect is my second favorite all time game.  The first is Perfect Dark/Doom/Mechwarrior 2 series....depending on how I feel that day/week/month.

We still need to posse up for Borderlands, if you're still interested and have the game.  My brother and I got tons of shit we're giving off to friends.  
Open invite for anyone reading.  I'll warn you now though...we're total retards and can't take anything in video games seriously.  

Gamertag ( 360 ) is:  Squigglesly.

I hardly play online with my PS3, but my ID is the same there as well....

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I will call it.....

Mass of Doody.
/rimshot

Mass Effect......

I don't know what more I could say good about the game.  The first Mass Effect is my second favorite all time game.  The first is Perfect Dark/Doom/Mechwarrior 2 series....depending on how I feel that day/week/month.

We still need to posse up for Borderlands, if you're still interested and have the game.  My brother and I got tons of shit we're giving off to friends.  

Open invite for anyone reading.  I'll warn you now though...we're total retards and can't take anything in video games seriously.  

Still playing some.

Mainly on weekends now, due to my schedule.

I think I have a fourth player too.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:12:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
I will call it.....

Mass of Doody.

/rimshot

Mass Effect......

Still playing some.

Mainly on weekends now, due to my schedule.

I think I have a fourth player too.

Roger that, sir.  

If you ever do decide to get Mass Effect, play through as a soldier first.  After you beat the game, you unlock Assault Rifles for all the classes.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 11:17:56 PM EDT
[#22]
If you haven't played Mass Effect and you like action RPGs AT ALL, you are doing yourself a huge disservice. Especially the first one. ME2 is excellent, but has its issues... ME1 is one of the best games of all time as far as I'm concerned though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 9:20:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
If you haven't played Mass Effect and you like action RPGs AT ALL, you are doing yourself a huge disservice. Especially the first one. ME2 is excellent, but has its issues... ME1 is one of the best games of all time as far as I'm concerned though.

There different games using the same plot course.  Inventory management in ME1 was irritating and once you got yourself and 2 main companions Colossus armor difficulty dropped, the cover system was frustrating at times, and there was not really much point in playing 3 of the 6 classes.  In ME2 the only class I was disappointed with was the infiltrator class, the sentinel and soldier were awesome.  My only complaints in ME2 for the most part was the uselessness of SMGs and shotguns with the exception of the Locust and Geth plasma.  Being able to pick your squads loadout would have been nice as well, Jacob for instance would have benefited from the use of a rifle.  Limited to a shotgun he is a very week character.  As well having to tear down all the enemies defenses before your adepts can be useful was annoying.

Jack and Jaccob were irritating, Samara was bland, Grunt needed more character development, and legion would be quite useful far earlier in the game.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top