Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2002 10:55:26 AM EDT
The story says it all. This is what the Clinton's had envisioned for America. Enjoy.
[url]www.stuff.co.nz/stuff/0,2106,2020313a11,00.html[/url]
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:06:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't they have lawyers in New Zealand? Sue the frigging doctors/government for malpractice.  I mean, geez.....poor bastard's losing his fingers and is constantly in terrible pain. Did they at least give him painkillers?  
Link Posted: 8/18/2002 11:55:08 AM EDT
[#2]
by saying that this is what the clinton's envisioned for U.S. healthcare, you mean a system of socialized medicine, i'd say you're right.

but i'm not so sure that it's socialized medicine that put this guy where he is.  seems to me there's a lot more to it than just that, like doctor imcompetence, lax oversight regulations, no care for the patients ("Doctor, Mr. Smith is dying as we speak."  "I'm sorry, nurse, I can't come in and operate, which would surely save his life, because as you well know it's a Saturday, and Saturdays are weekend days, and we doctors do NOT work on weekend days.  Now give him two aspirin and call me in the morning.").

not to mention that the patient/victim doesn't seem to be taking an active role in getting it fixed.  is there only one hospital in which he can seek treatment?  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top