Site Notices
Posted: 7/2/2003 3:41:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 3:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Patriot Act
He had weapons of mass destruction
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:14:52 AM EDT
[#2]
A quick search turned up this... [url=http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/bal-md.guns02jul02,0,1583143.story?coll=bal-local-headlines]Homemade firearms seized in city raid[/url]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:40:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought that as long as you did not sell them you could make as many freaking guns as you wanted, provided that you abide by the laws ya know the unconstitutional ones like the NFA and the GCA of 68 and the 1994 ban. If he didn't make a machine gun illegaly or create a gun with features that would make it a "semi-automatic assault weapon" than this poor ol'guy got dicked!
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:50:08 AM EDT
[#4]

City police and federal agents were questioning a retired Bethlehem Steel Corp. machinist after raiding his Highlandtown rowhouse yesterday afternoon and seizing more than 100 firearms -- many of them homemade -- along with tools, thousands of rounds of ammunition and several boxes of black powder, authorities said.
View Quote

Oh my God!  He had guns, tools, ammo, and powder!  What a freak!

The man, in his early 60s, had been the subject of an investigation by the Police Department's intelligence unit after information was received that he had been making weapons in the basement of the home in the 500 block of S. East Ave., Moses said.
View Quote

I wonder who dropped a dime on him.  I am always worried about BS like this; it's why I'm so discreet about transporting stuff to and from the range.

Police said no charges had been lodged last night, and they did not know of a motive for the weapon-making. The materials seized included documents and papers that the police declined to describe.
View Quote

Holy sheeple, Batman!  This man was making guns.  He hasn't actually broken any laws, but we'll find something to charge him with...  
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 4:57:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Police said no charges had been lodged last night, and they did not know of a motive for the weapon-making. The materials seized included documents and papers that the police declined to describe.
View Quote

How about fun as a motif.  If the receivers are purchased from a manufacturer, isn't he technically assembling them, and not manufacturing them.  Why does one build a hot rod, a custom chopper, furnature, etc...

There has to be more to this that has not been released.  "Having guns" is not probable cause for a raid in most juristictions, especially if from a tipster.  Perhaps he's set himself up a little test firing range in the basement, and neighbors have been hearing muffled shots.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:33:43 AM EDT
[#6]
That story scares the living hell out of me.

What in the f-in almighty world is going on  ?!?!?!?!?

Oh wait, its Maryland. Figures.

--LS
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 5:37:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Baltimore has bill boards offering rewards for anyone dropping a dime on what they *think* is an illegal gun.

[i]"Hey, my neighbor Bob has guns.  Can I get my $100?  I really need to buy some heroin"[/i]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:06:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Baltimore has bill boards offering rewards for anyone dropping a dime on what they *think* is an illegal gun.

[i]"Hey, my neighbor Bob has guns.  Can I get my $100?  I really need to buy some heroin"[/i]
View Quote

Further affirming my decision [b]not[/b] to take a permanent job in Baltimore.
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 6:16:00 AM EDT
[#10]
I work in downtown Baltimore. Thank GOD I get to retreat to southern Pa. at the end of every day...
Link Posted: 7/2/2003 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#11]
Gus
Where do you work?
I'm at 225 North Calvert just up from the courthouse.
Maybe we could do lunch some day?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top