Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 10/29/2001 9:56:28 AM EST
There is much confusion concerning the many new laws in effect in Massachusetts. One gun dealer is convinced that he cannot sell preban high capacity magazines unless they are Law Enforcement. He is also quite sure that the max legal size for a magazine is ten rounds. I told him if that were the case why would my local Police Department give me my class A high capacity license? Did I miss something here?
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 3:51:07 PM EST
Unless something new passed since Ch. 180 of the Acts of 1998, you must have a class A LTC for hicap pistol mags, and a class B (or class A) for hicap rifle/shotgun feeding devices. So you should be fine for all preban hicaps. MA dealers tend to be overly paranoid. Guess I can't blame them. Glad I'm in VA now. :)
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:04:45 PM EST
I have a Glock 17 and carry it somewhat regularly. At the range about a month ago I was chatting with a LEO and he even took a couple of shots with my pistol. He never raised an eyebrow at the fact all 3 magazines were Hi-Cap. I don't even own a single 10 rd magazine. You can get used Hi-Cap mags (not new) and use them. You must have a Class "A" permit to carry. Note: I have been told you need a Class "A" to even buy a Glock (used of course) because of the availability of Hi-Cap magazines. If unsure don't ask for advice here contact GOAL. They are located in Northboro, MA and have a web page. Yes they will try to sell you a membership but either way they will answer your questions.
Link Posted: 10/29/2001 4:49:29 PM EST
PCgod, why must your G-Lock and mags be used condition to buy them? Is that part of the law up there?
Top Top