Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2001 6:32:52 PM EDT
I have a couple of friends who bought these crappy little things ( against my advise, I'm a 1911 owner myself) what should I warn them about? Has anyone fired these things? I know the trigger pull is damned awful, anything else I should know about?
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:38:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#2]
A gun dealer told a guy at a gunshow that
high-points were the "real deal",I happened to be standing
at another booth and over hear him say some thing
to the effect of "Yea,sure SEALs and Green Berets
carry SIG's,Beretta's,and H&K's,but when the
rubber meets the road high-points will do the
exact same thing if not a little more and you don't have to drop over half a grand for
the name on the slide,oh and looky here for
another $35 dollars you can get on with fiber optic sights."

Got to love Ohio gunshows.
Link Posted: 6/6/2001 6:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
a friend got one in a trade and it would not shoot three times in a row with out a jam. and that was with ball ammo. in it's defence we did only have two mags for it but either one seemed to jam the same. after they shoot there guns i don't think they will be satisfied.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 1:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 2:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend and I were messing around with our rifles at 100 yards, we decided to shoot our pistols.  We fired my 586 off hand a few times and got a few hits at 100yds, then got his 9mm Hi-Point, we never saw the bullets impact, finally I had to shoot about five feet in front of me to find exactly where it was hitting.
So much for "Combat accuracy"!  The good thing about it, if you needed a heavy object to throw, it would fit the bill.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:38:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Ohio has lots of water.  The Hi-Points could make good boat anchors.

I wonder if the company owner proudly displays those pieces of crap on his wall.
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 3:49:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Captain Obvious is our resident Hi Point expert.

Let's ask him!
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:10:39 PM EDT
[#8]
i got the 9mm with the comp on it. paid 200 even for it. i have only shot it at 25 yards and while my groups are not too good, it is the only pistol i have even shot except for a glock 19 that i thought was a total POS. it will jam if not kept spotless. i also have the 9mm carbine which i love, except for the 10 round clip. never jams and is accurate as all hell. that was definitly worth the 150 bucks i spent.
-jay  
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
High Points are great guns! I really like the .45 the best it makes a great target!! Someone give me the .45 I tried to shoot it but it just jammed so I shot it with my AR10, that .308 blew it to pieces. I wonder if it's would still be under warranty.[sniper]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#10]
I keep shooting high point pistols because it hurts me.........i hurt, so i keep shooting high point pistols........it`s a vicious cycle.........[chainsawkill]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 5:10:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 6/7/2001 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
I agree with everyone here.  I've seen High Point pistols at gun shops before.  They look like a toy gun from the 60's.  A joke!

Now, I have a 995 Carbine.  It was my first firearm purchase.  I was naive.  However, I DO like it.  It is a lot of fun to shoot.  The ONLY thing I would say is, stay away from Pro Mag magazines.  They jam EVERY time in my rifle.  However, the factory mags work pretty flawlessly.  Very few jams.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top