Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/23/2005 9:46:46 PM EDT
Reading another post made me start thinking...

I've carried 2 pr. of Hiatts for 12 years now and haven't had the first problem w/ them except for one pair that I didn't use during 3 yrs in CIB got really stiff. They are lots harder to pick using the hairpin method and I generally like them.

After all that time I now hear that DOC Virginia bought a bunch of the colored ones and have had nothing but trouble outta them. That and the fact that everybody makes fun of me cuz they're thicker than S&W and Peerless cuffs and supposedly look like "toys". I've done searches on them and cannot find any widespread reports of poor quality but now that I'm bcak on the road and using them quite often I get funny feelings in my neck when I'm transporting arrestees now

Can anyone provide any anecdotal information???
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 11:59:59 PM EDT
The only time I've used hinged Hiatt cuffs they were really, really stiff. Took way too much effort to get them flat.

I did like that they were stiff rotationally like the smiths, but were big in radius and width like the peerless. If that hinge wasn't so stiff I would have really liked them.
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 6:10:47 AM EDT
We have used them for about 8 years, they are a little small, they are stiff, and they are sharp. I have found they leave some nasty looking marks on wrists if you have someone in the back of the car for awhile (they go away after a few hours ). I purchased my own Smith hinged and like them better all around.
Top Top