Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2007 8:33:27 AM EDT
     Hi.  I have a lady friend (in her mid-thirties) who is having female internal problems (the off-color title of this thread could be called "Help save the Uterus" a noble cause in itself).  She's had recurring episodes of pain that take her out of work for weeks at a time.  She really wants to keep her internals; wants to still have the ability to have another baby (although she doesn’t particularly want to have another baby); it’s a woman thing and I can accept and understand that; ‘viva la difference’.  
     It seems that the doctors in this area have a tendency to suggest removal as the cure all (just like C-sections) (and it may come down to that) and it's probably the easiest solution for the doctors.  She is getting frustrated at not having any other options.  Laser surgery for the internal lining evidently is not an option in her case.  I suggested that she look for a doctor out of the area; even if she had to go across the country to find one that would be more willing to try to repair or cure her problem; if nothing else a second opinion with a different mind-set.  It's just a plane ride and a few nights away from home.  
     Anyway; I thought if I got a broader input from around the country; someone would know of a good doctor that would rather try to heal than just reach for the knife.  You may have had a friend or family member that knew of a good doctor that you could recommend.  I hate seeing her hurting and unhappy.  Thanks.      
Link Posted: 2/18/2007 5:48:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/21/2007 7:37:54 PM EDT
[#2]
BlueHeeler I've sent you an email.

Kitties with Sigs
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:49:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks to both of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top