Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2001 5:55:50 AM EDT
I have made plans to relocate to america,with my wife and two sons.
I will be moving to Crofton,Maryland.
I really like to target shoot.
I have heard that a dcm(?) rifle is very accurate.
I will be looking for some shooting sites to go to in Maryland.
Thank You
B-5 for short
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:04:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to say this, but Maryland is not a gun friendly State to move to.  You may have a hard time getting any assault weapon from there. Move to Virginia and you will have a much easier time to acquire a gun (any gun).
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#2]
fight4yourrights  

Forest

MTweanie

are some AR15.com memebers living in MD.

fight4yourrights is very active I believe in a AR15 shooters group there.  Do a search for these memebers & then send them a eamil to the address shown in their profile.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:09:35 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]communities.msn.fr/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/_whatsnew.msnw[/url]

The Maryland AR15 Shooters site
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:09:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not want an assualt rifle,i want to target shoot.
Would the dcm rifle be an accurate weapon to target shoot?
B-5
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:11:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Get youself a bolt-action .22.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you Mr.Barrett.
I will go there and inquire of target shooting.
B-5
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#7]
It would be very accurate.  Suggest you look at Rock River Arms.  

If you need to find a dealer let me know I'm one in Illinois but fight4yourrights could suggest dealers in MD.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:38:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Major Murphy,since you are in the military are you recommending a bolt action in 5.56 over a dcm modle in 5.56
I am wanting to shoot at distances to.5km
I already have a 1 kilometre bolt action rifle,it is a 6.5x64 158 grain projectiles,948 metre's per second.
B-5
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:40:35 AM EDT
[#9]
G&B has given you some great info.

We've got links for gun shops, I can give you an FFL if you want to buy the LEGP (great gun).  In fact, the FFL will hold the gun for you.

Once you get in state, let us know and we'll get out to the range.

A good outdoor range is the AGC Marriotsville range.  For my club, see [url]www.monumental.org[/url]
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 6:42:59 AM EDT
[#10]
A DCM model would be very accuarate, and would let you shoot in service rifle competition.  

If you werent' interested in that, there are ton's of great bolt action rifles.
Link Posted: 8/14/2001 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Go with a Rock River Arms rifle, with flattop receiver and buy a nice scope.  Get their National Match upper.

Call or email Donnie Pridemore at www.sableco.com and he can answer any questions you have about RRA rifles and parts for your target shooting needs.  He'll sell you anything but a stripped lower receiver (get that cheap from Gunsmoke in Florida, or www.ar15.tv).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top