Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:10:28 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
How well do Hi Points sell in your shop?

I actually kinda like them. Was at the range with these young guys who were shooting Hi Point handguns - never jammed and was pretty accurate, of course ugly as hell though.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
People who buy Hi Point vote?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#4]
mine works fine.   In my opinion it's not any uglier then a glock.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:47:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Shoulda put a free 50 cent album in each box
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:54:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I never really cared for their guns, but I have never fired one.  But this makes the company very cool in my book.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:00:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Isn't this the "working man's gun"?
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I liked their carbine.  This definatly earns them points in my book.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:02:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I always thought of them as a gun to help those who can't afford Sigs and HKs to arm themselves.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:05:50 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Nope .... Its the gun a man's gotta work on
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:08:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Let's just say HiPoint has a vested interest in keeping Kerry out of the White House, moreso than Sig, HK, Beretta, or Colt...

Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:09:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I would have told my manager that I dont give a shit what a Kerry voter thinks and quit on the spot if he still insisted on removing the stickers from the boxes. But hey, I'm just touchy that way. hinking.gif Good job on the "FREE TAKE ONE" idea though.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 12:34:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Let's just say HiPoint has a vested interest in keeping Kerry out of the White House, moreso than Sig, HK, Beretta, or Colt...

Whoa.... Beretta may not take political sides, but they have DONATED A MILLION to the NRA. Which is why I'm shocked that few people like Beretta around here. So far they are the only gun company I am aware of that has donated money for our cause. What has Glock done? H&K? They cater to the LEO and Military. We are second rate customers. SIG? They are the biggest supporter and developer of "Smart gun" technology which we all, or should all oppose. And Colt who?

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:21:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Hi-Point just went up a notch in my book.  Mind you, I would probably never buy/carry one of their pistols, but I could see myself running cheap 9mm through their cheap (and kinda neat) little carbine.

Either way, I definitely like their stickers!
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:42:22 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa.... Beretta may not take political sides, but they have DONATED A MILLION to the NRA. Which is why I'm shocked that few people like Beretta around here. So far they are the only gun company I am aware of that has donated money for our cause. What has Glock done? H&K? They cater to the LEO and Military. We are second rate customers. SIG? They are the biggest supporter and developer of "Smart gun" technology which we all, or should all oppose. And Colt who?

I agree they also included that 2 free new hi-cap magazines coupon with their guns. Their competitors aren't doing that, it's like they wanted to celebrate if the ban expired. They are the best foreign producer when it comes to supporting the 2nd.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong, I'm a HUGE Beretta fan, mainly because the 92 'fits' me perfectly, and I shoot it better than any other pistol I have....

ANd I know they're a very 'good people' company...

What I meant is that HiPoint's 'products' are more likely to end op in a future gun ban than, say, the 92FS...

Of course, Kerry's sponsored 'New AWB' would ban the 92 and any other military weapon, so Beretta has good reason to be concerned as well...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
Beretta gives out coupons for 2 free mags as well with thier guns purchased shortly before the best sunset in a long time and the end of this month(it may run through oct though).

Glock was still sending thier distributors damn 10 rounders wiht all of thier guns except the ugly ass 2 tone ones.  Our distributor tries to push those ugly bastards on us every time he calls with the "they have the new high cap mags with them!"

Smith & Wesson is in the process of shipping high cap mags to thier dealers that have the old nuetered mags right now.

My favorite one was from Taurus that came up with the line "Full cap" magazines!!

So I hate to break it to you but HiPoint is not the only Co. out there happy about the ban going away.

And yes, Colt still does not give a shit about me, you or anyone else in the civillian market.  They really only care about their LE/Gov't contracts.

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:19:58 PM EDT
[#18]
I had one of their carbines......wan't too bad, until it was time to clean it.  that sucked.  But it was a fun and cheap, and I didn't have any problems with it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Your "manager" sucks!! I've been thinking about geting one of the Hi-Point carbines.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#20]
it's a good gun if you like pot metal slides and parts. what a paper weight
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:49:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Your "manager" sucks!! I've been thinking about geting one of the Hi-Point carbines.  

Just do it!  Neat little gun.  Combine it with a cheap red-dot and it will eat the center out of a 50yd target all day for less than $200.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:53:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
it's a good gun if you like pot metal slides and parts. what a paper weight

agreed.  i've seen 3 or 4 carbines and  3 hangunds at the range and all but 1 carbine had multiple jams
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:00:04 PM EDT
[#24]
HI-point makes about the best looking carbine Ive ever seen. Im gonna buy 4 of them real soon. One for summer, one for spring, one for fall and one for winter. IM going to custom paint a theme on each one representing the season.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:14:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Now I like the stickers in the box don't get me wrong but as far as the gun is concerned, man. I don't even want to know how they function. just pick one up and you'll know what I'm taking about.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
A guy I shoot with from work has the hipoint carbine in 9mm. It IS fun to shoot, and accurate. Not my thing, but fun just the same.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:31:32 AM EDT
[#27]

Have had a good time with my .45 acp
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:53:33 AM EDT
[#28]
The only problem I can see is that at this time they have no plans for magazines greater than 10 rounds for anything - even that inexpensive carbine.  
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 5:56:32 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Shoulda put a free 50 cent album in each box

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 6:05:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top