Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2004 10:52:54 PM EDT

Quoted:
I defy anyone to find a passage where it SPECIFICALLY spells out that a man can only have wife and i'll eat my own shit! Yes, t-stox will eat his own shit!

I'll give ya three.........

1 Tim 3:2
the husband of but one wife,
NIV

1 Tim 3:12
must be the husband of but one wife,
NIV

Titus 1:6
NIV

Careful what you eat today cuz you've got to recycle it.............

Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:54:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I want pics of him eati-    

WTF AM I SAYING?!  NO PICS! NO PICS!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:19:20 AM EDT
[#2]
BTT
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:20:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I want pics of him eati-    

WTF AM I SAYING?!  NO PICS! NO PICS!

But he can print out a copy of his post and eat THAT!!!!

Then post pics

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:21:53 AM EDT
[#4]
damn, I love this place...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:29:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I defy anyone to find a passage where it SPECIFICALLY spells out that a man can only have wife and i'll eat my own shit! Yes, t-stox will eat his own shit!

I'll give ya three.........

1 Tim 3:2
NIV

A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

1 Tim 3:12
must be the husband of but one wife,
NIV

Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

Titus 1:6
NIV

5   For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:
6   If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
7   For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;
8   But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate. . . .

Careful what you eat today cuz you've got to recycle it.............

Tsk, tsk, Brother BVM. The fact that it was necessary to specify that deacons, elders, and bishops must be monogamous means that other members of the Christian community weren't. The cited verses don;t say that "a man" must be the husband of one wife, but that the holders of certain offices must be.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#6]
One wife maybe, but what about "concubines"? Abraham had 'em. Who needs another wife, I'd rather have concubines anyways...

Of course, as I recall his concubine Hagar begat Ishmael and thus was born the fued between Israel and Islam.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Who the HELL would WANT more than 1 wife anyways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a clear sign of mental instability!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:33:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Tsk, tsk, Brother BVM. The fact that it was necessary to specify that deacons, elders, and bishops must be monogamous means that other members of the Christian community weren't. The cited verses don;t say that "a man" must be the husband of one wife, but that the holders of certain offices must be.

Quoted:

What we need lawyers on ARFCOM now? He said "a man". Is a bishop, deacon or an elder not a man?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:34:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
And it's the Friday Biblical Tennis Match here at Arfkom.

Friday?

WTF happened to Thursday!  Did the Beekeeper lock it?

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:36:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friday?

Sgtar15

I love this place!

literally
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:38:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Bishops, Deacons, and Elders were all positions within the Church that Christians should strive to reach.
So if you strive to be a 'good' Christian (I recognize the loaded statement I just made, folks...let's be clear on that...) you should have ONE wife.

Then, there is:

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Wife, folks, not wives or womenz........
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:38:58 AM EDT
[#13]
TNFrank will be here any minute. He loves this one......
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:39:32 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What we need lawyers on ARFCOM now? He said "a man". Is a bishop, deacon or an elder not a man?

OUCH!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:42:41 AM EDT
[#15]
Folks, may I present a few quotes from 1 Corinthians...

1 Cor 5:1 It is reported commonly that there is fornication among you, and such fornication as is not so much as named among the Gentiles, that one should have his father's wife.

1 Cor 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

1 Cor 7:3 Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband.

1 Cor 7:4 The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.

1 Cor 7:10 And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband:

1 Cor 7:11 But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

1 Cor 7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

1 Cor 7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

1 Cor 7:16 For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife?

1 Cor 7:27 Art thou bound unto a wife? seek not to be loosed. Art thou loosed from a wife? seek not a wife.

1 Cor 7:33 But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.

1 Cor 7:34 There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.

1 Cor 7:39 The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord.

1 Cor 9:5 Have we not power to lead about a sister, a wife, as well as other apostles, and as the brethren of the Lord, and Cephas?

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:45:03 AM EDT
[#16]
Ok, next...

somewhere in the New Testament, someone point out an example of an instruction given to wives (plural when they were NOT referred to (the plural wives) in relation to a collective group of husbands.

In other words, point out ONE time where the NT refers to ONE man having MULTIPLE wives.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:46:30 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Sgtar15

+1!

Damn...I'd kill myself if I had to live with more than one carping, complaining, bossy, bad tempered womanz.

Hope my missus isn't online!  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:49:35 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Ok, next...

somewhere in the New Testament, someone point out an example of an instruction given to wives (plural when they were NOT referred to (the plural wives) in relation to a collective group of husbands.

In other words, point out ONE time where the NT refers to ONE man having MULTIPLE wives.

Didn't Jesus chide the woman at the well over the number of her "connections?" It doesn't seem that he approved.

It does seem to me, though, that the verses originally cited necessarily assume that there were Christian men with multiple wives.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:50:45 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Genesis 2:24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.

Quoted:
It does seem to me, though, that the verses originally cited necessarily assume that there were Christian men with multiple wives.

I especially like this one from the OT, proving that it was man who was greedy for more than one wife. God's original plan was for one man to have one wife.

Adam & Eve.

NOT

Adam & Eve & Sarah & Shelly & Margaret & Sheliah & Jennifer & Katie
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:51:37 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

+1!

Damn...I'd kill myself if I had to live with more than one carping, complaining, bossy, bad tempered womanz.

Plus, their cycles will synchronize.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:51:45 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, next...

Didn't Jesus chide the woman at the well over the number of her "connections?" It doesn't seem that he approved.

Until it was brought up by TNFrank several months ago, i always thought the idea of polygamy for Christians was so ridiculous and obviously wrong that I had never even considered it.

Now that I have considered it, I think I was right in the first place......
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:52:29 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I especially like this one from the OT, proving that it was man who was greedy for more than one wife. God's original plan was for one man to have one wife.

Adam & Eve.

NOT

Adam & Eve & Sarah & Shelly & Margaret & Sheliah & Jennifer & Katie

Right on, and well put!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:54:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Where's t-stox!?

I have a strange fascination with seeing somebody eat some poop!

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:58:22 AM EDT
[#24]
he won't eat anything.   He is already full of it, and i doubt he'll even make an appearance in this thread.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:00:34 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Where's t-stox!?

I have a strange fascination with seeing somebody eat some poop!

[Cartman]Shizer Video![/Cartman]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:01:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Friday?

Sgtar15

ok you gotta admit that was pretty good  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:30:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Orange who forever??????

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:47:19 AM EDT
[#28]
DUM DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! It's me! I'm back from a good nights sleep!
You fools fell into my trap. I'm not a post whore I'm an attention whore . Now Listen, pay attention to me!! I gotz a whole thread just with my name on it.

I just saw it and felt I had to reply, But gimmie like 10 mins to read the whole thread then I will. Ex-lax and fork on standby......................................................................
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#29]
I would suggest you season it with something, maybe tobasco sauce?

Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. 9 I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery." (NIV Matt 19.8-9, pp. Mark 10.1-12)

edit: this one is more of an implicit rather than explicit indication that marrying of more than one woman is a no-no (Unless the first woman was unfaithful to you).  That is, I read it not so much that /divorce/ is wrong, but rather the marrying another woman part...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:58:43 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
DUM DA DA DA DA DA DAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! It's me! I'm back from a good nights sleep!
You fools fell into my trap. I'm not a post whore I'm an attention whore . Now Listen, pay attention to me!! I gotz a whole thread just with my name on it.

I just saw it and felt I had to reply, But gimmie like 10 mins to read the whole thread then I will. Ex-lax and fork on standby......................................................................

Oh yeah, you planned this all along......

Another man of his word............
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:14:34 AM EDT
[#31]
after reading the whole thread I have to say that all I wanted to say has already been said by others.  But I'll repeat it , the bible NT, refers to leaders of the church where they SHOULD only have one wife. It was not a requirement.  That was just his opinion about how the church should be run. Second notice how he had to specify a man of ONE wife. Meaning that Most of the followers had more than one. Second if you could have many wives but chose to get only one BY CHOICE , Thats a big difference than the "LAW"  saying "one and only one". He also gave no specific Prohibition Against Polygamy. (or slavery) So you've got the the whole OT doing it that way versus three lines about "Suggestions" about who should be deacon. Besides we all know that if you took pauls advice we should all be single and not even marry. Straight up, I think he hated women. And of course you still have given me no explaination as to how All the old school hebrews got away with it without makeing God mad. All notice you CATHOLICS, that the early church allowed Clergy to be married! What ? did God change his mind like 1000 years later?

But in all fairness you do have a slight small point. And I did say I would eat my own shit. So I think as a plea bargain I will instead of eating my own shit, I will cup my hand place it over my anus and fart. Whereupon I will with all expediency take the still cupped hand containing aroma of t-stox and shove it to my face and breathe deep.  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:24:01 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I'll say this much:

When Christian men marry Christian women, and BOTH parties keep their eyes on God, and His WIll, at ALL times, and use His Word as the mediator in ALL marital disputes.....well, there just aren't many disputes anymore....

(hoping and praying for that kind of marriage one day, myself)

Taken from another thread I'm lurking in.

I think it bears repeating about a billion times till everyone gets it.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:46:48 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Ok, next...

From the book of ARFCOM, Book 1, Chapter 5, Verse 281095:

... And sgtar15 spoke unto his wife, and he said "In the name of the Lord, get thee into the kitchen, and preparest me a feast... with a sammich".

And his wife did, and she presented it to sgtar15, and he ate of it, and it was good.

He then went and played with his dolls action figures. And there was a clamor amongst the people of ARFCOM.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:54:09 AM EDT
[#34]
Or how 'bout the book of Armaments about the Holy Hand Grenade ofAntioch, with all the "fruitbats, breakfast cereals, and orangutangs"? What about that?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:11:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:24:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

... And sgtar15 spoke unto his wife, and he said "In the name of the Lord, get thee into the kitchen, and preparest me a feast... with a sammich".

And his wife did, and she presented it to sgtar15, and he ate of it, and it was good.

He then went and played with his dolls action figures. And there was a clamor amongst the people of ARFCOM.

Bwahahahahahhahahahhahaha    
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ok, next...

That is

1) blasphemy, and

2) still only a reference to a man with ONE wife.....
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:32:42 AM EDT
[#38]

when will the pics of the guy eating feces be posted?

I would, if they proved their point that the NT says that a man (all men not just bishops,deacons etc) can ONLY have ONE wife and NO concubines!!
But I have yet to see it.
But I have to give them credit for trying, At least they made an effort to actually pick up the bible and read it. Problem is the way I worded the challenge, I said "a man can only" Did I mean one man or all men (mankind)?? I think we need to get Eric the hun, (ARFCOMS in house consiglieri ) to decide on a better wording of the question.
However as a consolation prize for trying I did offer to do the following--

I will instead of eating my own shit, cup my hand, place it over my anus and fart. Whereupon I will with all expediency take the still cupped hand containing aroma of t-stox and shove it to my face and breathe deep.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:49:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

when will the pics of the guy eating feces be posted?

I would, if they proved their point that the NT says that a man (all men not just bishops,deacons etc) can ONLY have ONE wife and NO concubines!!
But I have yet to see it.
But I have to give them credit for trying, At least they made an effort to actually pick up the bible and read it. Problem is the way I worded the challenge, I said "a man can only" Did I mean one man or all men (mankind)?? I think we need to get Eric the hun, (ARFCOMS in house consiglieri ) to decide on a better wording of the question.
However as a consolation prize for trying I did offer to do the following--

I will instead of eating my own shit, cup my hand, place it over my anus and fart. Whereupon I will with all expediency take the still cupped hand containing aroma of t-stox and shove it to my face and breathe deep.

*yawn*

I wanted to laugh, but I oughta be crying......
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:59:32 AM EDT
[#40]
When I saw this thread I thought you were making fun of the Red Sox.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top