Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2013 11:24:00 AM EDT
I have been trying to lose some weight and I was wondering what was a good weight loss supplement, I used to take oxy elite pro awhile ago. I am in the military so I have to be a little carefull as some will bring a false positive on a piss test. Be fore y'all start railing me about eating and exercise I pt 2 hours a day 5 days a week with one hour of cardio and I eat less than 2000 calories a day but I still need to lose more weight. So what do y'all have to say?
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:29:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Cut the crappy carbs out of your diet, replace with protein and healthy fats, and you won't need a "magic pill" supplement.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:31:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Cut the crappy carbs out of your diet, replace with protein and healthy fats, and you won't need a "magic pill" supplement.
View Quote

I love it when the 1st post nails it.

Kill the breads, pasta, white rice, cereals, pop and you'll be amazed at what you DON'T have to do to lose weight.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:32:44 AM EDT
[#3]
+2 to the above...and consider quitting drinking too.  That took 15-20lbs off the top for me in about 5 months.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]
\

Eat this only.  I'm down 50 pounds.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:34:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ok, so what falls into the healthy fat category, I haven't really had a nutritional class so I honestly don't really know.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:35:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Check the quality/type of calories you're ingesting. Basically, quit eating grains and get your carbs from legumes and veggies. Water is also important for weight loss. Interval training and weight lifting will help. Eat on a regular schedule...not eating often enough causes your blood sugar to drop which causes your body to release a hormone called glucagon which will cause you to lose muscle. Eating starchy, high glycemic load/index carbs will spike your blood sugar causing your body to release insulin and put on fat. Don't go down that rollercoaster path.Make sure each meal has all of your macro-nutrients (carbs, fat, protein). Carbs to help keep blood sugar stable, fat to slow down digestion and protein for fuel/lower glycemic index of the meal.

Weight-loss supplements are typically gimmicks. If you're not already losing weight, taking a supplement is not going to help.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#7]
high protein, low carbs FTW

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:36:24 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok, so what falls into the healthy fat category, I haven't really had a nutritional class so I honestly don't really know.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Butter, meat, eggs.......anything that had a face or came from something that had a face.

Nuts, too.  

OK, and some vegetable fat (avocado, olive oil, etc)
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:37:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I have been trying to lose some weight and I was wondering what was a good weight loss supplement, I used to take oxy elite pro awhile ago. I am in the military so I have to be a little carefull as some will bring a false positive on a piss test. Be fore y'all start railing me about eating and exercise I pt 2 hours a day 5 days a week with one hour of cardio and I eat less than 2000 calories a day but I still need to lose more weight. So what do y'all have to say?
View Quote

If you're working out 2 hours a day 2000 calories might be too little, and might be slowing your weight loss down.

Would have to know more about your workouts, and more importantly what those 2,000 calories consist of (watch your carb and fat intake), but what you're saying isn't proof that you're on the right track.

Stop trying to think of a gimmick to make up for poor diet and activity levels. If those are right, you'll shed pounds just fine and feel 100x better doing it.

Be smart.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_1_5/1193322_Calling_out_all_the_Paleo_guys_gals.html

I'm down 25 pounds in about 4 months and I haven't changed anything regarding exercise.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Kill the breads, pasta, white rice, cereals, pop and you'll be amazed at what you DON'T have to do to lose weight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I do not eat any of that stuff and no luck
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:38:37 AM EDT
[#12]
I like Ripped Fuel X-Treme. You're right you do have to watch what the military has on their ban list, I think that Jack'd(?) is on the no-go list, too. I take it just for the punch of caffeine/stimulation...I can lift heavier, longer, while taking it. How old are you? My body is completely different now, I'm 40, than even two years ago with the amount of cardio I used to do which was none at all and struggle to gain weight. The last two years I've been totally opposite, cardio dominates my 4 day a week routine and I struggle to keep pounds off. I'm totally different in metabolism.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:38:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's a basic primer:

http://www.helpguide.org/life/healthy_diet_fats.htm
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

More activity, less food.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:40:23 AM EDT
[#15]

That actually works if you have no cardio requirements.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:40:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I am not overweight, but want to get toned, and still dropped 10 lbs in a week by doing this and by doing some walking/light running. Try to eat little to no sugars or carbs and you'll drop weight.

My wife's friend decided to cut all gluten from her diet, and her husband did as well. Without changing anything else he dropped 15 lbs in a short period of time. I haven't tried that yet but may.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:41:24 AM EDT
[#17]
oxy elite will work - but only short time

swap diet - ditch the supplements.... drop all carbs (As much as possible at least)....

once you come off oxy elite it'll come back, it's OK to make weight but doesn't work long term

and I hear you - I bump against my max weight all the time

and only water - get some reallemon juice - drink water all day - better than plain water, just as healthy..... no soda, cut alcohol (I hate that part)
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:41:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Lost 80lbs a couple of years back. My diet consisted of all the meat and fruit I could eat and hitting the gym everyday. I stayed away from all processed foods.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#19]
What really helped me out, was to drink only water after lunch. Cant explain it but this curbed my appetite in the afternoon and at night.  Heck you even sleep better.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:44:47 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:..... I pt 2 hours a day 5 days a week with one hour of cardio and I eat less than 2000 calories a day but I still need to lose more weight....
View Quote
Holy crap what do you weigh now?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:45:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Swingset nails it!

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Also, cut out the sugar, especially in soda, and read the labels on everything you ear or drink. Gatoraid and other drinks are high in carbs, you need to watch those. Also if possible cut out the white flower, bread and pasta, eat wheat if possible. Cut out the dairy, milk, cheese, use Almond and Soy instead. Avoid anything that has hydrogenated  in the list of ingredients.  
Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:47:38 AM EDT
[#23]
I've lost 20lbs in the last week.

You can do it.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:49:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

How big are you that you PT twice a day x 5 days a week and still need to lose weight on a diet?  Something's not adding up there.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:50:40 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can do it.
View Quote

LOL, I think I done that in 48hrs.

Prepping for my colonoscopy this past Sunday
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:51:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Eat all the meat and veggies you want.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:53:41 AM EDT
[#27]
You want a guaranteed way to loose weight.

Get a backpack capable of carrying up to 100lb of weight and start doing ruck marches go as far as you can each day.  I know guys who would loose 15lbs in 1-2 days of water/fat weight coupled with the heat.  Also a good way to get use to carrying gear around if you want you can get a chest rig and fill with mags full of ammo and walk around with that for extra weight.
Also good diet helps a lot.  Try eating smaller portion meals more often I eat 5 meals a day but they are small meals I never get really hungry because then I eat to much.  I have always weighed in around 140-150 most of my life and it is because of my diet.  I live on a cave man diet (if a cave man could have ate it I will eat it no processed food).

Losing weight is a life style change I grow about 50% currently of all my fruits and veggies in my backyard and do all the yard work myself.  Once my trees establish I will have around 80% of my food grown.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:54:06 AM EDT
[#28]
ECA Stack is considered to be the best fatburner and as long as you hydrate and don't have heart issues is relatively safe.  ECA was the original composition of Hydroxycut, Xenadrine and most other fat burner supplements before the feds outlawed for over the counter supplement use.

Ephedra (15-25 mg), Caffeine (200 mg), Aspirin (1 tablet).  

Start out with less and then work up to this 2 times a day (once in morning and once before working out is ideal).

You have to get the Ephedra from non-supplement sources since the feds went after it because it is an ingredient in making Methamphetamines.  Primatine Mist tablets are a local source at your pharmacy (you have to show ID now), but in Canada you used to be able to order the 8 mg tablets without guaifenesin added in.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:54:10 AM EDT
[#29]
Keto diets have always worked for me when I needed to lose 20+ pounds.  Not the most fun the first 2-3 days but after that life returns to normal.  Just be careful as you get near your goal and want to start adding carbs back to your diet you can easily over do it and plump up again.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can do it.

Dude bring up painful memories.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#31]
Start here:

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:14:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#33]
Also be aware that rapid weight loss is almost always rapid water loss....it does not really do anything meaningful and usually you'll just put it right back on.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 12:34:10 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

This.  Or tapeworm.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:36:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Vegetable drink for breakfast
Protein Drink for lunch
small dinner Chicken or fish and a salad no dressing, croutons or cheese.

no soda
no sugar
no alcohol (except on special occasions)

plenty of activity...

medical problem

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:41:27 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Protein Drink for lunch

small dinner

plenty of activity...

medical problem

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Protein Drink for lunch

small dinner

plenty of activity...

medical problem

You might be putting your body into starvation mode if your intake is too low and your activity is burning through it...which will force your body to retain water and pack away the fat.

If you have thyroid problems, those can be dealt with medically.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 1:49:52 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

This is the correct answer.

Cut the fucking carbs man!

Eat avocado or almonds/walnuts/pecans if you want a afternoon snack. They are awesome.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You might be putting your body into starvation mode if your intake is too low and your activity is burning through it...which will force your body to retain water and pack away the fat.

View Quote

the doc is working on it....but says it is in fact not a thyroid problem..
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:47:27 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Been tested for hormones? Low testosterone can really work against you too.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

View Quote
Impossible. 10hrs a week in the gym, <2000cal diet and you still need to cut weight? What do you weigh now?? 130ish or less?

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 2:50:14 PM EDT
[#42]
I started trying to eat right about a month ago. Basically I quit eating fast food, bread and sodas. I eat more vegetables and meat, less carbs. I only drink water, tea and almond milk. If I'm hungry for a snack, I eat raw almonds, veggies and fruit. I could probably read more about it and eat better than I am, but I've lost 18lbs and it has stayed off. I haven't been exercising any more than normal, but I'm about to step that up as well.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:00:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no..I will mention it to him...
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:02:23 PM EDT
[#44]
Black coffee is the only supplement you need.

Link Posted: 7/25/2013 3:05:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Clenbuterol, Albuterol or ephedrine (primatene at your local walgreens) and caffeine stack.

Ephedrine is known to give you false positive on piss test for amphetamines  though. Also all the above raise your core temp so don't take it a week before you go to the field. Also ensure you do the research before taking any of these and they are useless without proper diet and exercise.

All the substance listed above are 100% legal.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:06:02 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Impossible. 10hrs a week in the gym, <2000cal diet and you still need to cut weight? What do you weigh now?? 130ish or less?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I weigh 205, most of the pt is not in the gym but outside in the sand and sun. I pt from 0600 to 0700 and then from 1100 to 1200. My body fat is about 18 percent according to displacement method or 21% according to the taping method. My heart rate stays at about 150-160 while we pt.
Link Posted: 7/25/2013 4:18:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I peaked at 224. I stopped drinking soda entirely on May 11th or 12th. I'm now down to 200 or so, with no effort.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top