Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/15/2011 6:48:57 AM EDT
it needs to be thin and light. Not some inch thick thing that could stop a bullet..

So what would you suggest?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:51:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw a bad mother fucker somewhere....
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:53:05 AM EDT
[#3]
I like carrying just a credit card holder with a money clip. It's lightweight, and if I don't have cash on me, I can ditch the money clip completely and just carry my cards/ID.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:53:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Ductape is yer friend.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:54:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I have this one...been pretty happy with it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:56:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I like carrying just a credit card holder with a money clip. It's lightweight, and if I don't have cash on me, I can ditch the money clip completely and just carry my cards/ID.

This is what I carry.

Impossible to end up as an overfilled wallet stuffed with all sorts of personal information and hard to replace items that are so big you end up sitting at a an angle and can never get comfortable.

Holds money, 2-4 cards and nothing else.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 6:56:30 AM EDT
[#7]
http://www.saddlebackleather.com/160-new-accessories-page
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:03:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Not sure if it will fit your needs, but I will be ordering this soon.

http://originalsoegear.com/wallet.html

Someone else on ARFCOM suggested it.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:06:04 AM EDT
[#9]
My girl and I were in a Coach outlet a few months ago... and she was looking at the purses. While there was nothing wrong with her current purse at the time, or the several Dooney & Burke purses she already has, she "needed" a new one.

I told her if she's spending a fair amount of money on her, then I'm getting something too.

Coach wallet. Bifold. Leather.

Nice.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:08:35 AM EDT
[#10]
carry lite
3-4 cards
cash

i've been using  rubber bands for 10-15 years.
they break , just replace.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:10:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I carry.

Impossible to end up as an overfilled wallet stuffed with all sorts of personal information and hard to replace items that are so big you end up sitting at a an angle and can never get comfortable.

Me too
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:10:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what I carry.

eggzactaly thats why im looking for something a bit thinner.. got tired of sitting on it so I started putting it in my jacket pocket. now it looks like I have 3rd moob..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:11:23 AM EDT
[#13]
A European Carry All may be in your future my friend.

But if you're not a purse guy, I highly recommend this:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=GIFTS&C3=WALLETS&C4=&LV=3&item=610477&prodid=610477^8^01RTL&

I got one at the local scout shop and it's ideal for me.  Outside ID window, velcros shut and holds just what you need. Cheap too.  I discarded the keyring.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:11:55 AM EDT
[#14]
I just switched from a backpocket bi-fold to a front pocket wallet with a money clip. I highly recommend it. My back feels awesome now. Apparently a few decades of sitting on a 1.5" lump of leather and plastic is not good for your back.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:12:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:12:09 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I saw a bad mother fucker somewhere....

bmfwallets.com

They are cheaply made... but I used one for a year or so without any major problems. I stopped using it when I got my CCW.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:12:47 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:12:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A European Carry All may be in your future my friend.

http://vidiocracy.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/george-costanza-wallet1.jpg

But if you're not a purse guy, I highly recommend this:

http://www.scoutstuff.org/BSASupply/ItemDetail.aspx?cat=01RTL&ctgy=PRODUCTS&c2=GIFTS&C3=WALLETS&C4=&LV=3&item=610477&prodid=610477^8^01RTL&

I got one at the local scout shop and it's ideal for me.  Outside ID window, velcros shut and holds just what you need. Cheap too.  I discarded the keyring.

ya thats cool.. but I cant have the emblem on it.. I dont want to be a poser..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I bought one at Walmat that is a standard bi-fold wallet except it has a smaller unit that pulls out of it.  This smaller unit holds 3 credit cards, my DL, and my CHL card.  I keep all the standard crap in the main wallet, but when I go in the store I just pull out the little one with the stuff I need and leave the rest of the crap in the truck.

I'll see if I can find a pic later.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:25:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Spec Ops THE wallet Jr.

It's not just tacticool, it's the most useful and durable wallet I've ever had. I've had this one for probably 5 years now and I am horrendous on wallets. It might have something to do with my gigantic hind end, but that's beside the point.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Spec Ops THE wallet Jr.

It's not just tacticool, it's the most useful and durable wallet I've ever had. I've had this one for probably 5 years now and I am horrendous on wallets. It might have something to do with my gigantic hind end, but that's beside the point.

+1. I picked up one of these a few months ago.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:27:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Get a good coach leather wallet; it will last you 20 years or more.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:27:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Ive got this one.  Its thin, carries my DL, a few credit cards and its easy and fast to put money inside.

RCVA
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Those woven stainless steel ones look badass and I need a new wallet too.

RFID-blocking though... I like being the cool kid at mickey-ds and paying by tapping my wallet on the thing not taking the card out. I guess I'll be the cool kid with the stainless steel wallet though and everyone else will be tapping their inferior leather wallets with new rfid cards inside.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
carry lite
3-4 cards
cash

i've been using  rubber bands for 10-15 years.
they break , just replace.

Time to upgrade.  I've been carrying the same one of these for almost 8 years.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:40:14 AM EDT
[#26]
I had the stainless steel wallet once. After a while the "threads" will come loose and even a single strand will be enough to poke and annoy you. Not very durable
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:42:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Here is a pic of the one I mentioned earlier:

The bit with the yellow thing in it comes out and can be carried separately of the "mothership" wallet.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:44:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/160-new-accessories-page

Got one of these for Valentines day.. it rocks.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:45:59 AM EDT
[#29]
I carry this and it is made in America....

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=89LG&dir_id=885&group_id=10103&cat_id=11316&subcat_id=11317

It does say not to use with credit cards...but I have had it for 2 years and my cc still work...
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#30]
I recommend finding something that has an RFID blocker so your information doesn't get stolen.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:47:49 AM EDT
[#31]
I have used the same Fossil tri-fold for about 10 years now. Still looks less than 2 years old. Cost me $35.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#32]
The only correct choice:

ETA: several beat me to it but at least I posted a pic.

Got my lady one and she loves it but won't carry it or let me carry it so it sits on our kitchen counter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:54:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:55:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
My girl and I were in a Coach outlet a few months ago... and she was looking at the purses. While there was nothing wrong with her current purse at the time, or the several Dooney & Burke purses she already has, she "needed" a new one.

I told her if she's spending a fair amount of money on her, then I'm getting something too.

Nice.

That wallet just got a little thinner. You won't need to be carrying around that man card anymore. Hand it over, sport.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:02:21 AM EDT
[#35]
I used this for a few years, Its held up well.
Ebay has some good deals on them too

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/SPARTAN-WALLET-11p464.htm
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#36]
Don't buy a new one yet...we found your old one:

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:07:12 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

http://gamerkeys.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/wallet.jpg

This is not far from the truth... fats is the resident WOW junkie.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL whats funny is I got and e-mail this morning that my account is expiring today.. I need a new time card..

still up in the air if I buy one.. its.. a lb of powder or a time card.. hmm thats an easy one..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:10:56 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This is not far from the truth... fats is the resident WOW junkie.

Maybe not. I know that I for one am becoming more and more interested in Rift.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:12:53 AM EDT
[#40]

probably not the thinnest, but definitely the best built wallet I've ever owned.

http://www.saddlebackleather.com/
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:13:39 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL whats funny is I got and e-mail this morning that my account is expiring today.. I need a new time card..

still up in the air if I buy one.. its.. a lb of powder or a time card.. hmm thats an easy one..

Let it go, man...turn the page.

Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:15:07 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let it go, man...turn the page.

im buying the powder.. AA#9 for my 5mm Craig..
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:18:41 AM EDT
[#43]
I've carried this for the past few years.

Duluth Trading

Small, light, and very durable.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:20:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Spec Ops THE wallet Jr.

Best wallet I've ever owned.....holds amazing amounts of stuff and still keeps thin
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:22:07 AM EDT
[#45]
All-ett Wallet

I've had one for a while and love it!
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:30:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My girl and I were in a Coach outlet a few months ago... and she was looking at the purses. While there was nothing wrong with her current purse at the time, or the several Dooney & Burke purses she already has, she "needed
" a new one.

Nice.

That wallet just got a little thinner. You won't need to be carrying around that man card anymore. Hand it over, sport.

Coach makes men's leather goods as well.  A bit over priced though.  I was searching online for that bifold wallet they make and it does not have very good reviews.  If I am going to pay $140.00 for a wallet it better have 5 stars all around.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:31:06 AM EDT
[#47]
You need an eel skin wallet.

Skinning and tanning eels can't be a picnic.

Anyway, they are very thin and they hold up surprisingly well.  

For a throwback sound get a wallet with a velcro closer.  Warning: the sound of it opening may cause a Pavlovian response in the greedy.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Saddlebackleather.com

Be forewarned part of the money goes to mexican charities, and the guy is probably an O voter.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:40:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
My girl and I were in a Coach outlet a few months ago... and she was looking at the purses. While there was nothing wrong with her current purse at the time, or the several Dooney & Burke purses she already has, she "needed
" a new one.

Nice.

Coach makes men's leather goods as well.  A bit over priced though.  I was searching online for that bifold wallet they make and it does not have very good reviews.  If I am going to pay $140.00 for a wallet it better have 5 stars all around.

I've had one for about a year now. Picked it up at a Coach outlet for about $70 I think. It's been great, good looking wallet, very durable.
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
" a new one.

Nice.

I know. At least if you consider skinny jeans and tight fitting Affliction shirts to be men's wear. I've got nothing against paying for quality or owning fine things but Coach wallets are for people who have more money than sense and put a greater priority on appearance than substance. In short, women, queers, and lost boys who never had a father figure.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top