Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 4:47:27 PM EDT
Hello everyone,

I just got my login working, so I thought I would drop by here to say hello he
Anyway, I got lots of questions that I hope you guys could help me out with.

- Currently I have to get my doctor's approval to get removed from a medication that I'm currently taking.  After that I have to submit my medical records to see if I can get a waiver.  The biggest one is ADHD.  What I want to know is how long does it usually take to find out if you got a medical waiver approved?

- Also, how likely am I to get that waiver?

- I've heard that I'm likely to get sent overseas to guard bases and convoys reguardless of my MOS.  This isn't something I have a big problem with, but just how likely do you think that is?

- The main concern for me with that last question is that I am in the 3D industry and staying out of the loop for long periods of time is a bad thing.  How much free time will I have while not overseas to work on a computer, and stay up-to-date with the technology?

- Also, if I was to go overseas, would I be guarding places for like 10 hours a day for up too 18 months?

- I've come to the conclusion that I could problably practice for my BRM training at home with a Carbon 15 (I believe that is the 22 Calibur version of the M16).  Would this actaully help me, or would it be a waste of my time/money?

Sorry about the long post.  If you have any other suggestions for me, please let me know ~Mike
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:12:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of an MOS like your's before. Wow.

ADHD should be able to waivered easily considering what it is.

Your tasks are usually MOS oriented. It's not common practice(though it happens) for you to do something unrealted to your MOS. And it's even more doubtful for convoys because they're not likely to put you with a unit like that.

You'll most likey have access to a PC oversees and the Army is really for you staying up on your MOS skills.

Don't worry about BRM. You will pass it. They will make sure you do.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:37:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link to the MOS at the Goarmy website: http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=10

The only reason I asked about the BRM is because I would link to get expert, and a little pratice before hand couldn't hurt.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:35:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Here is a link to the MOS at the Goarmy website: http://www.goarmy.com/JobDetail.do?id=10

The only reason I asked about the BRM is because I would link to get expert, and a little pratice before hand couldn't hurt.

You have a chance to upgrade your standing annually because when unit does BRM annually. So it's not the end of the world if you don't get it in basic.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#4]
ADHD is a big NO GO!   You have to be off of the medications for at least 6 months befor a waiver can even be considered, and then you don't have a very good chance of being approved. It kind of depends on how long you were on the MEDS.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but that's the facts. Your Recruiter should have told you all of this befor he even tested you. He might try and tell you to shut the fuck up about the ADHD..........that's between you and God. Me personally, I have this thing against PRISON.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]
By the way, I'm an Army Recruiter.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Thats not too new to me leatherpuke.  My recruiter said I may have to be off the meds for up to a year though.  What it really comes down too is how long I'm willing to wait to get in (considering my waiver is accepted).  From what I understand, if I am very well qualified otherwise (ie. clean record, good ASVAB scores), my waiver if far more likely to be accepted.

Ya I'm not gonna risk prison to join to Army, no sir!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top