Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/29/2003 4:08:24 PM EDT
No, I'm not flaming Marines!
I have a small bottle of something called "Cobra 66" which we used to get in Boot Camp, it was supposedly the Corps "Fragrance"
We used it for everything, from cologne, mopping up the floors, and the DI's said it was good for dissinfecting too.
The problem is, I recall seeing it in bottles that said "Bulldog 44" and a few other names.
I love that scent! I've looked all over for it, and can't seem to locate it at all.
Does anyone know where I can get it?
I know it's cheap cologne, but that smell takes me back, and I'm sure most Marines here could remember that all-purpose after-shave, cologne, wax stripping, basic cleaner.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:01:57 PM EDT
I don't know where to get it, but you can make it easy enough... (1) Take a dump in a metal bucket. (2) Cover the bucket contents with diesel fuel and light. (3) Once it's burned down good, add just enough water to extinguish the fire. (4) Allow to cool, then add a pint of alcohol. (5) Stir well, then decant into a perfume bottle. [;D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:07:21 PM EDT
C"mon your dealing with Marines, Don't get complicated with the instructions. Don't drink the alcohol. DECANT means pour. You can use a funnel if you want. That should do it.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:19:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2003 6:19:47 PM EDT by Juell]
Originally Posted By 1911Shootist: I don't know where to get it, but you can make it easy enough... (1) Take a dump in a metal bucket. (2) Cover the bucket contents with diesel fuel and light. (3) Once it's burned down good, add just enough water to extinguish the fire. (4) Allow to cool, then add a pint of alcohol. (5) Stir well, then decant into a perfume bottle. [;D]
View Quote
Oh, I knew how to make it, I just need them purdy bottles to put it in! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:26:36 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 1911Shootist: I don't know where to get it, but you can make it easy enough... (1) Take a dump in a metal bucket. (2) Cover the bucket contents with diesel fuel and light. (3) Once it's burned down good, add just enough water to extinguish the fire. (4) Allow to cool, then add a pint of alcohol. (5) Stir well, then decant into a perfume bottle. [;D]
View Quote
Rice crispies. Snap, crackle, pop.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:36:42 PM EDT
When I was in (Parris Island class of 1988) we used Aqua Velva. Is that what you're talking about? I still remember all the kids with zits had to put that shit on their face every morning. Pizza faced 18 y/o kids just finished shaving getting Aqua Velva wiped on their faces! Can you say OUCH!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:52:26 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DOW: When I was in (Parris Island class of 1988) we used Aqua Velva. Is that what you're talking about? I still remember all the kids with zits had to put that shit on their face every morning. Pizza faced 18 y/o kids just finished shaving getting Aqua Velva wiped on their faces! Can you say OUCH!
View Quote
No, not aqua velva, that stuff is a little high end for boot camp, at least it was in '99 in SanDiego. I think it was some generic stuff that they put in whatever bottle they had handy. You'd see 5 different labels on the same size bottles, and they'd all have the same "Flavor"
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:00:58 PM EDT
I was at PI in 2002 and they still use Aqua Velva as a general purpose... everything, just like you're talking about.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:21:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cypher214: I was at PI in 2002 and they still use Aqua Velva as a general purpose... everything, just like you're talking about.
View Quote
I wonder if it's just a "Hollywood Marine" thing? Or maybe the U.S. Gov. found a new way to dispose of stockpiles of agent orange! [;)]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:36:40 PM EDT
Originally Posted By DOW: When I was in (Parris Island class of 1988) we used Aqua Velva. Is that what you're talking about?
View Quote
When I was there they would mix it with something else, but I can't recall with what. I never used it myself.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:03:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Cougar8045:
Originally Posted By DOW: When I was in (Parris Island class of 1988) we used Aqua Velva. Is that what you're talking about?
View Quote
When I was there they would mix it with something else, but I can't recall with what. I never used it myself.
View Quote
Usually rubbing alcohol for guys with zits.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:04:02 PM EDT
Never heard of it. Before inspections we were required to drink (drink, not rinse and spit) 1 Oz. of Listerine and splash on some Aqua Velva. That was in 82.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:09:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/29/2003 9:11:02 PM EDT by tszipper]
I know what your talking about but the DI's just called it smell good, so can't remimber what the name is. It came in a white plastic bottle and had the EGA emblem on it. I can still smell that sh!t!
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 11:57:36 AM EDT
Yeeeeeeessssssss!!!! You know exactly what I'm talking about! I am a very sick person, because I love that smell!! They used to mix it with The yellow-flovorless listerine from the whiskey locker, put it in a spray bottle and use it for everything. I need some of that sweet smellin' stuff! Years I've looked for it, I may go MAD looking!
Top Top