[#1]
Alright schapman43,

what did you do now??????
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:21:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Did you pay your bill?  [ROFL2]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 9:39:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The 119 satellite seems to work ok.  The 110 satellite with most of the locals has some kind of outage.

Be patient they will fix it.

Dennis Jenkins

Quoted:
Did yours go down too?
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 10:13:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Maybe this is why

EchoStar said it may have to stop providing local TV station signals to "less than 10%" of its customers because of a court ruling. The ruling came in response to a suit filed in U.S. District Court in Miami by Viacom Inc.'s CBS television network and affiliates of the CBS, ABC, NBC and Fox networks. They accused EchoStar of improperly rebroadcasting their signals without permission. EchoStar has said an order to stop broadcasting local-station signals in some far-flung markets could cost them customers. The federal court ruled that EchoStar didn't follow proper procedures in determining which of its customers are allowed to receive distant signals of network affiliates. Those are customers who live too far from major cities to receive broadcast signals with a rooftop TV antenna. EchoStar said it would appeal some parts of the ruling
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:36:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 4:41:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
EchoStar has said an order to stop broadcasting local-station signals in some far-flung markets could cost them customers. ... Those are customers who live too far from major cities to receive broadcast signals with a rooftop TV antenna.
View Quote

Am I stupid or is this the reason why satellite TV was invented in first place? To provide people with a signal that live too far out in the sticks? And why would the TV stations complain when their range increases? Doesn't make any sense to me. But then again, very little does these days.
Link Posted: 6/20/2003 5:16:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Every once in a while mine goes static.

I unplug the box for 15 seconds as per instructions.

Then plug back in turn on and let it reaquire.

This has happens now and then.

FYI
Link Posted: 6/21/2003 12:11:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Satellite TV exists to counteract the monopoly of the cable company.  where I live it costs $55 for basic cable.  Dish is cheaper and better quality.

GunLvr
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top