Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 1:09:07 PM EDT

Dear Sir or Ma'am,

I am a Real Estate Broker that deals with foreclosed homes from out of state lenders.

I found a stolen Avis PT Crusier today at a home in Detroit. The adddress is 12XXX College.

The door was opened. I found the rental contracts. I called the local number. I was on hold for 11 Minutes, trying to do Avis favor. Having to continue working, I hung up. I guess people on the other end either were very busy or didn't know what to do.

I called the 800 on the paperwork, spoke with customer service, reported all the info and the address to the customer service rep., trying to help Avis recover a stolen car that is in Great shape but just no wheels.

Next I get a message from the local roadside assistance people to call them back because they are unable to use the internet (mapquest, mapblast, maps.google.com, maps.yahoo.com, etc) to locate the home.

I call them back, the woman who left me a message was not there, the woman who I thought would want this information didn't seem to care. And GAVE ME attitude when I asked if she was to busy to take a message (snapping her gums and huffing and puffing like Avis was doing me a favor).

I can not understand how a company could not take a second to say, "Hey, take care of this, this guy who doesn't have to do a thing except drag the car on the street and put it on the A-Ban list is calling us 2 and 3 times, not looking for anything, but just trying to help.."

You have the address, I expect the car to be gone by tuesday, if it is not. The seller (through me) is towing it out and you can deal with it then. I am sure the insurance company for Avis on this car would love to hear all this.

Respectfully,

ZFB

What a load of crap. There are about 10 guys I know that would have giving me
$5k cash for that car...Brand new 1,000+ miles, and no one wanted to jump at Avis.

Amazing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top