Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/16/2001 10:40:29 AM EDT
Saw a Hess Arms Cetme rifle at the local gun shop for $800. You guys know anything about the quality of this gun? It looked nice and had a great bore. Any thoughts appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 10:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:04:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the advice. I probably wont buy it since I dont like the idea of a gun that may or may not work right. 50/50 odds dont cut it for an $800 gun.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:42:38 AM EDT
[#3]
That's way high.

You should be able to get a CETME between 400-500.

I've heard that the SW receiver on CETME are better than the Hesse.

I would pass.
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 11:44:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Word of advice: Avoid anything with Hesse...
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:01:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:49:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
RUN AWAY!!! RUN AWAY!!!!!!!
[NI]

Semper Fi!

Ken Little
View Quote
                                           OK....I`M RUNNING........O K?.......[:)]......(jeese....you sound like my high school football coach)........[smoke]
Link Posted: 8/16/2001 4:59:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't have any personal experience with them, but $800 is waaay high.  They are around $400-$450 wholesale right now.  The ones built on Special Weapons receivers are much better, from what I hear, but they are getting harder to find these days.  However, from what I understand, Century bought the tooling from Special Weapons, so they will probably have another run at some point.  I don't know what the current supply of kits it, though.  By that time, they may be using some heavily used kits.

Rocko
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top