Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/14/2002 7:47:41 AM EDT
Got email from ArmaLite today:

[blue]"Good News!  We are going to be sending you [b]ArmaLites[/b] instead of Eagle Arms Rifles for your project.  There are no additional charges and we are able to keep the rest of your configuration requirements and they will be ArmaLites."[/blue]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Kickass!

Way to step up to the plate, Armalite. This is the kind of publicity that a firearms manufacturer couldn't buy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:55:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Any of you out there that don't own at least one Armalite product, I certainly hope their recent display of honor and support of [b]ALL OF US[/b] will seriously influence your next purchase decision over to an Armalite product.

Everyone that makes an Armalite purchase in the future, be very sure you tell them that you are an AR15.com member and that you appreciate their support!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:01:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:07:21 AM EDT
[#4]
[u][b]To Do List:[/b][/u]
1. Get a job
2. Get an AR-10

In that order! [:D]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#6]
[b]Are you freakin' kidding me!?!?! Holy Smokes!!!![/b][shock]

and to think I would have been thrilled to death if you guys were giving out HESSE rifles! Pardon me while I go pass out now...[whacko][bounce][beer]
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 2:14:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn, I thought it was great of Armalite just to have stepped up to the plate on these.  This is knocking it out of the freakin' park!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
make sure to drop them a line and visit their website
[email][email protected][/email]
[url]http://www.armalite.com/[/url]

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 6:32:06 PM EDT
[#9]
[shock]  Speachless!!!  [sniper]

[50]           [usa]

[-=(_)=-]

Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Nice to see that they appreciate our hero's as much as we do!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/14/2002 7:39:14 PM EDT
[#11]
I just emailed this to Armalite.  Everyone, please, just email them one sentence:  [b]Thank you for supporting AR15.com.[/b]

To Mr. Mark Westrom and all the staff of Armalite, Inc.,

I wanted to take a moment to express my gratitude to your company for your support of AR15.com.

I was first very impressed with all the support you've given to the Black Rifle Convention.  This event means so much more to all of us than just shooting.  This event, ambitious yet unproven, has the very real potential to in some way legitimize our small and often demonized niche of a sport that is in and of itself a niche within sports.  

As if that wasn't enough, you then touched our hearts by stepping in to not only save our Hero Rifles effort, but make it so much more than we could have ever hoped for.  

It was amazing that our family (yes - that is what it really is), during such a tough economic time, was able to raise the few thousand dollars that we did.  I can't tell you what a tremendous negative blow it was to hear that the whole effort almost failed.  

And now, because of the generousity of your company, our brothers who faced "ground zero" are not only going to receive the rifles we so much wanted to give them, they are going to receive Armalite AR10's.  Arguably the finest rifle of its kind for arguably the finest people of our kind.

You showed hundreds of people that, when you pull together and try to do the honorable thing, you truly do get what you deserve.  You proved that its not always about what's in it for me.  You proved that, sometimes, its just about doing the right thing.

For me personally, you have restored a little long lost faith in humanity.

It is my sincere hope that this note is in some way forwarded to Mr. Westrom.  I want him, and all of the Armalite staff, to know that we will never forget who was there for us in our time of need.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
AR15.com screen name: FMJunkie
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:11:26 AM EDT
[#12]
^^
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:20:41 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Everyone, please, just email them one sentence:  [b]Thank you for supporting AR15.com.[/b]
View Quote

I'm glad they can give a honest answers to our inquiries and that their fax machine works consistantly.

They are excited about sponsoring the BRC & meeting the members (and nonmembers) who can make it.

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:35:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Email sent!
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 2:55:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Totally Awesome.  Makes me glad I own at least one Armalite rifle.  The big one.

FMJunkie,  more like 1000's instead of 100's.  Nice letter!

Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:02:21 PM EDT
[#17]
I'd send one but I told them in person today.
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 7:20:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Outstanding news.
My next AR will be an Armalite.
I will also send an e-mail expressing my appreciation for their effort.
This thread should be tacked.
ARH
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:09:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Thank you email sent!!!

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 3/15/2002 8:26:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm all over this...Salute [usa]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 5:58:53 AM EDT
[#21]
What can you say?......friggin`  W O W !....[:O]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:07:00 AM EDT
[#22]
You can go to the armalite forums....and back up what I posted in general discussion under hero rifles......give them a heads up...they deserve it!.......
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 7:52:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
What can you say?......friggin`  W O W !....[:O]
View Quote

YEP !!
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 10:53:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Posted my thanks with Black & Green's on the Armalite Forum.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:18:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#27]
Can someone post a link to the Armalite Forums? I think I'm experiencing too much(hiccup) St. Patrick's Day cheer![BEER][PUKE]
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 4:41:23 PM EDT
[#28]
[url]www.armalite.com[/url]
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:13:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Posted my thanks with Black & Green's on the Armalite Forum.
View Quote
                                          Hey Don....thanks for the backup.....good to know there are persons not afraid to speak thier sentiments........thanks Don.......K.K.
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 1:43:11 PM EDT
[#30]
Many thanks to Armalite....Just one more person(group of persons) who have gone out of their way for us.  Thanks to everyone who made this happen......you guys are great.

Steven
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#31]
I want to start this off by saying once again, THANK YOU. The whole Heros Rifles project has touched me deeply. I was at a loss for words when i received the knife, i couldnt show it off enough. The rifle as well as the knife are something i am going to be proud to pass on to my children. I cant begin to thank you guys enough. I know there are alot of members who i never had contact with, but i can honestly say i feel we are one big family. There is not a day that goes by that i dont think about Ground Zero, and the things i did and saw. I dont think there will be a time when i am not thinking about it. You gus made a tuff time bearable with all the suupport and messages you left me. I am truly looking forward to the BRC so i can put some faces to some names. Thanks again to everyone. Stay Safe. As always.....SEMPER FI.................JOHN
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:32:19 PM EDT
[#32]
We'll be seeing you there John!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:43:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Hi Don. Yes you will buddy. I just read the other up-date post regarding the BRC. I think i will give some of the shooting events a try also. BTW tell your son i didnt forget, he should get a package by Wednesday.  See you soon friend. Semper Fi..............JOHN
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 5:49:38 PM EDT
[#34]
You guys deserve it. Shoot them in good health.

Slainte!
Link Posted: 3/17/2002 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#35]
Better make plans on getting them home once they are presented.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:30:15 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Better make plans on getting them home once they are presented.  
View Quote

I was going to ask you about that. Hmmmmn FrankSquid is driving up, I could trust him with it on the way back down to NY...
Link Posted: 3/18/2002 6:33:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Many thanks to Armalite....Just one more person(group of persons) who have gone out of their way for us.  Thanks to everyone who made this happen......you guys are great.

Steven
View Quote

You had better be putting in your 28(NYPD Form - Request for Days Off) so that you can be at the BRC!!! I don't want to hear your lame excuse that your Pct. isn't granting time off!   [50]
Link Posted: 3/19/2002 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#38]
honestly, I would love to say that Im definitely going, but I cant.  I would love to be there, especially now with the 50 BMG door prizes....Oh God, ESPECIALLY NOW!!!!

but unfortunately, I work in a shithole where using up your vacation days (of which I have 42)  is next to impossible, which is why I have 42 vacation days stockpiled.

Wish me luck!!!!

Steven
Link Posted: 3/20/2002 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#39]
GOOD LUCK!
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:27:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/22/2002 6:32:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Damnit guys you better all be there!

We got something special planned... (hmmm tar first, then feathers right?)

[=D]

If you guys dont show, I got dibs on the Playmate!
View Quote

This will be done to the music of Alan Parson's "Quark, Strangeness and Charm" ([i]Dr. Tarr and Professor Feather[/i]), correct..?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top