Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2002 6:34:56 PM EDT
I am currently working for one of the biggest construction companies in the world.  Today I was handed a pin and told "Here's a pin for tomorrow... You have to wear it."  I never did bother to find out if it really was a mandatory thing. (Didn't care)  Now it is a good looking pin in the shape of a ribbon done in red, white, and blue; with the companies logo in the center.  Normally I am the kind of guy (like the rest of us) that being told I have to do something like this just doesn't fly.  I have no problem wearing the pin but, when I took a closer look at the package the words "Made in China" caught my eye.  Now this I do have a problem with.  The company wants to promote patriotism with this?!
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:40:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Gotta love corporate America!  Always trying to save a buck!

Bradd
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 6:56:04 PM EDT
[#2]
"...if you don't wear the pin tomorrow, some little kid in China will go to bed hungry...no, wait, that's not right."
Link Posted: 9/10/2002 8:15:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top