Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 4:15:17 PM EDT
Well... It looks like the weekend Hurricane Foxcaster was right. Ritas back in the Gulf.. If it hits warm water.. He will be right again..

Rita Part Deux.

Here we go again..

Check out the link below...

1) Rita moving south of the PanHandle of Florida in a clockwise rotation..

2) Watch the activity southeast of Cuba.. Near Jamaica..

This will show you both(All)...

Satelite Loop

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:16:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link isnt working.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Your link-fu is WEAK!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:22:03 PM EDT
[#3]
You've got to be shitting me.

This'll really add to the "global warming" hysteria.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:23:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Link isnt working.

Working fine for me..

Either your blocking Java Scripting or it needs a cookie. Firewall may be blocking.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Goto this link.

www.weatherimages.org/index.html#hurricanes

Then goto the bottom of the middle row to:

Atlantic Satellite Loop Then click on it.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Still doesnt work....Oh well.. No biggy, as for what you said above. Trust me, it isnt that.

Quoted:
Goto this link.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
time to hoard more gas before it goes up again, this is getting wearisome....
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:33:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I am getting quite tired of this.  If it comes around again I am gonna have to shoot it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:34:42 PM EDT
[#9]
From www.wunderground.com blog.
www.wunderground.com/blog/SteveGregory/show.html

SEP 26, 2005 / 11:45 AM

REMNANTS OF RITA HEAD FOR GULF COAST
TROPICAL WAVE CARIBBEAN MAY BECOME DEPRESSION WITHIN NEXT 24 HOURS
AND STORM INTO GULF OF MEXICO BY END OF WEEK

Though still showing only a weak reflection in the mandatory level charts, the remnants of RITA, currently
embedded within a much larger upper level TROF are clearly moving southeast towards the Florida Panhandle
as evidenced on Radar. (see Below)

The GFS shows the system moving into the Gulf and developing some -- but there does not yet seem to be the
type of upper level support it would need to truly re-generate into a tropical storm. However, what isn't in Rita's favor
is quickly becoming in favor for a strong Tropical wave moving fairly quickly through the central Caribbean now,
and is showing some signs of better organization, with some slight but significant surface pressure falls in the
central Caribbean.

As mentioned yesterday evening, there are 2 large upper air TROFS from the central Atlantic extending
southwestward into the tropics. One is to the east of the developing Wave, on is to the west, over the far
NW Caribbean. Between the 2 systems, we end up with an generally anticyclonic flow, which favors
outflow aloft. What appears to be happening based on water vapor loop imagery is the formation of
a closed low aloft over the western Bahamas north of Cuba, while at the same time, there may be a
simultaneous developing of a high pressure system above the developing wave - and this is
crucial - independent of the larger scale antic-cyclonic flow across the tropical wave that is
occurring between the 2 major upper level TROFS. If there is a developing anti-cyclone within the waves
own circulation field, then the system will likely develop into a tropical cyclone during the next 24 hours.

On the latest Visible image loop there are hints of a broad low level circulation trying to form near 14N/73W.
In general the entire disturbance is heading WNW at 15Kts, and will likely be about 100-200 miles south of
Jamaica by Tuesday morning assuming it does in fact develop by then into a a tropical depression.

As it moves northwest - towards the far NW Caribbean and Yucatan Channel by Thursday -- conditions
aloft are forecast to become more favorable for development, and a we could have the next tropical storm
of the season by that that time. The speed of development will depend a lot on whether the system is in
fact developing it's own upper level outflow pattern.

The next update on this system - and if need be, the remnants of Rita, will be tomorrow morning - unless
conditions warrant an update earlier. IOW - if the system system develops into a a tropical depression
sooner rather than later)

Steve

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:40:14 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Still doesnt work....Oh well.. No biggy, as for what you said above. Trust me, it isnt that.

Quoted:
Goto this link.

Dumped all my cookies..
Tried the original link. Works fine.. Java working fine at this end.(McAfee fixed it last weekend. Don't know how it was corrupted or what did it.)

You must be blocking something..

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Cool; maybe it will just keep going around in a circle for a few months
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:41:12 PM EDT
[#12]
Trust me, im not... Could be some DNS issues though. Again, not to worried about it.

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Goto this link.

Dumped all my cookies..
Tried the original link. Works fine.. Java working fine at this end.(McAfee fixed it last weekend. Don't know how it was corrupted or what did it.)

You must be blocking something..

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:44:48 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am getting quite tired of this.  If it comes around again I am gonna have to shoot it.

Your going to need a bigger gun.

I got one for you... Works everytime its fire.. This one will end all weather problems.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:18:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Heres a picture..

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:26:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Your link-fu is WEAK!

The linky-fu works just fine for me.  

Weather Sucks.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:33:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:36:59 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Cool; maybe it will just keep going around in a circle for a few months

Maybe we'll abandon the idea of re-building NO and start building nuclear power plants.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:38:14 PM EDT
[#18]
W ... T ... F ?????
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:39:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like BS to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:41:35 PM EDT
[#20]
That link totally shut down Firefox on me????

Weird...

Anyhoo...Win? That really bites...I personally think the folks in the Gulf region have had more than their fair share of crap weather....

if it makes any of  you feel any better, in roughly 4 months, we'll be buried under roughly 3 feet of snow

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:45:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Maybe it will become a perpetual storm like the one on Jupiter?

Seriously, though, I don't see it.  It looks like what's south of FL panhandle and southeast of Cuba are two different systems, neither of which appear to be cyclonic.  Help!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:47:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Sounds like BS to me.

Its happenned at least one time in recent memory.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:49:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:49:52 PM EDT
[#24]
One of the accuweather guys on Fox News last night said this could happen with Rita.  The area  south of Cuba and another system in the Atlantic were pointed out as being potential hurricanes in the next 10 days or so.  So far these accuweather guys are almost 100% in predicting these storms, they are predicting them before they even show up as systems.  Pretty impressive.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:50:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Sounds like BS to me.

Actually I think its photoshopped.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:13:09 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

if it makes any of  you feel any better, in roughly 4 months, we'll be buried under roughly 3 feet of snow

Well they say it might be a repeat of winter of 78. If thats the case. Mass had it worst than Manchester. Infact Nashua(south) and Concord(north) were hit harder than Manchester. Both towns( including Mass) would get feet and we(Manchester)would get inches.

Maybe this time its our turn here in Manchester.

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:17:07 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got one for you... Works everytime its fire.. This one will end all weather problems.

photobucket.com/albums/y22/TractorDre/DeathStar.jpg

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:19:51 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like BS to me.

Actually I think its photoshopped.

www.weatherimages.org/data/imag8.html
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:21:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Happened with Ivan last year. Came back as a tropical depresion and hit Louisana.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:22:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I wonder if he thinks The Lunar Landing in 1969 is BS too ...... on second thought, he probably does.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:30:29 PM EDT
[#31]
clusterfuckamongdust
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:34:24 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

photobucket.com/albums/y22/TractorDre/DeathStar.jpg

That's what i was saying from the start!!!

What's the best round for hurricanes???  XM193 or XM855???
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:10:03 PM EDT
[#33]
I thought of a better weapon, but I can't find a picture..

From the Movie " Beneath the Plant of the Apes"
The Alpha-Omega Doomday Bomb..

I...Can't... Find... It...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:33:10 PM EDT
[#34]
Looks like its breaking up and heading into the Pacific Ocean..

Boy is it moving fast..

cimss.ssec.wisc.edu/tropic/real-time/atlantic/movies/g8irnhc/g8irnhcjava.html
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Man this is getting old. I worked my ass off getting two of my employee's family's out of the path of this thing. One employee lost trees and part of a fence, the other had no damage.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:11:42 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I wonder if he thinks The Lunar Landing in 1969 is BS too ...... on second thought, he probably does.

No, I  think you were on that lunar landing without your spacesuit, Dr. Spock. Welcome back.

In other news:

THE HURRICANE IS NOT COMING BACK FOR YOU.

NO NEED TO PANIC.
D-A-Y-U-M, what a bunch of over-reacting fools.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:58:07 AM EDT
[#38]
There is not storm called Rita. Its not even a depression. Why did they still cal it Rita?

Everyone knows Bush is playing with the hurricane generator because he missed NOLA with Rita and wants to kill al the blacks there, he is controlling the storm via cordless mouse on airforce one.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:11:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:33:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Any news on Rita's big second coming yet???????????

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top