Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2004 9:38:38 PM EDT
Hey all! I'm from damn California and my head is hurting from trying to research info.
Basically, I want to own an AR-15 one way or another.

Since the AWB didn't do anything for us hat
I just want an AR-15! Do I need to go with preban or what? Is there something I can't get?

Thanks for all the help!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:51:55 PM EDT
[#1]
You have two options for ARs in CA.. neither which is all that great..

The FAB-10 and the DPMS single shot lower
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:04:45 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You have two options for ARs in CA.. neither which is all that great..

The FAB-10 and the DPMS single shot lower

You're right, not great at all. I've got to have other options. How about getting pre-bans or pre-ban lowers?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:34:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Read my post about the 22 Magnum AR-15.
I am consulting with the DOJ now on the idea of a reciever that is identicle to the AR reciever on the outside and capable of all the outer attachments but inturnally is more like a Ruger MARK II ( sugnifficantley uncompatable with the 5.56 upper ) which hopefully will be enough to render it legal.
If I can do it, i'll make a thing showing how it's done after I am finished. That's probably the best you're guna get.
BTW.
If it can be done, it can probably be done for under $400 investment!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Read my post about the 22 Magnum AR-15.
I am consulting with the DOJ now on the idea of a reciever that is identicle to the AR reciever on the outside and capable of all the outer attachments but inturnally is more like a Ruger MARK II ( sugnifficantley uncompatable with the 5.56 upper ) which hopefully will be enough to render it legal.
If I can do it, i'll make a thing showing how it's done after I am finished. That's probably the best you're guna get.
BTW.
If it can be done, it can probably be done for under $400 investment!

Damn that sounds like a good idea! Can you give me the link to the thread?

EDIT: Found it
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:57:10 AM EDT
[#5]
If you don't already have a registered CaliBanned AW you can't get one
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 7:36:34 PM EDT
[#6]
It's not an AR, but you can buy or build (carefully to stay in compliance with federal regulations and also the features part of the CA ban) a FAL with a fixed 10 round mag that does not have a flash hider. It is easily converted back to a removable mag if you were to move or something.

You feed them with a stripper clip dust cover.

DSA sells them, I think.

Other than that it is the fab10 if you want semi-auto as far as I know.

Ray
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top