Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2007 8:27:59 AM EDT
My computer is running very slow.  I believe it has a problem with its startup.  I have an organizer system that I like having open at start up and it will sometimes load 2-3 times during start up causing start up to be extremely slow.

Sometimes it takes several minutes for my computer to even start up.

When I did a search on my computer for this program I see that is is referenced several times.  I would like to take it off except where I have to have it.

I took a screen shot of the anytime files if that helps any.  

I appreciate any help you can offer.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 8:56:35 AM EDT
[#1]
It really is kind of impossible to determine (from the pic) where it all exists.  It looks as if it is in program files, which is the original installation of the program.

Then there is an instance of it in documents and settings which may or may not need to be there, depending on where it is.

Then you have an instance of it right on the C drive.

Maybe the best thing to do is uninstall (backup anything that needs to be, I dont know what the program is all about) and reinstall to the folder program files.

Basically, if you installed the program multiple times and changed the path to where it was installed during the installations, then you have multiple copies of the program on your system.

More than likely, though, those files are needed to be there to run the program
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#2]
thank you Headlice.  [I never thought I would ever say that].  Patty
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top