Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/4/2010 3:34:02 PM EDT
I am going to be shipping a rifle to another state and I was just wondering how this all works.  From what I read, I can ship it via the USPS and it does not have to go priority mail.  I have to ship it to a FFL, though.  If any of this is wrong, please let me know.  When I take the gun to the post office, what do I tell them?  Do I need to disclose that I am shipping a firearm?  Are there any special forms I need to fill out?  Thanks.

Dan
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, you can ship it USPS. Yes, it needs to go to an FFL (if different state). No, no forms to fill out, and AFAIK you do not need to declare as long as you are not shipping ammo or hazardous material.

JUST DO NOT MARK IT AS A FIREARM.

Also, send it with signature required (adult).

Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:43:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Yes, you can ship it USPS. Yes, it needs to go to an FFL (if different state). No, no forms to fill out, and AFAIK you do not need to declare as long as you are not shipping ammo or hazardous material.
JUST DO NOT MARK IT AS A FIREARM.
Also, send it with signature required (adult).  

+1 end of thread.
Link Posted: 6/4/2010 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks very much for the quick replies.  I appreciate it.

Dan
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top