Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/11/2006 6:21:00 PM EDT
When I turned on my machine tonight it said it needed an update.  I clicked "update" and it says the "update file is damaged" and to "Please use the other update file."  What "other update file" is this?

Help please.

TIA.

(It's the free version if this makes a difference.  
UPDATE:
I decided to uninstall and install it again.  Everything is A-OK.  Thanks to DOW and mr_camera_man and the rest.

If there was a smiley  for "computer problems are a royal pain in the arse" I'd use it.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Check for updates again and reinstall.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Manually download the files from AVG's site.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like it's trying to get the update file from your computer instead of going out to the web.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Check for updates again and reinstall.

You've got an IM.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#5]
free.grisoft.com/doc/update/lng/us/tpl/v5

Manually download and run the "Priority Updates" listed here, and that should help.  If not, then uninstall and reinstall AVG.
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 6:54:27 PM EDT
[#6]
buump for update.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top