Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/15/2015 9:38:32 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/15/2015 9:39:19 AM EST by StockDog]
I have a fidelity account that I have part of my retirement in. Over the lay 5 years I have done well with fu da that track close to the performance of the Dow. Like everyone, my account shrank in 2008 but I increased my investment while the market was low and came out of it with a great return.

I am a novice and have done really well at times and am just breaking even right now. I have quite a bit of my balance in cash right now and am looking for stocks that are cheap right now.

It does seem that the first part of every quarter everything looks bad. But it recovers and I have a high about 3/4 way through.

I am trading done ETFs and individual stocks. They pretty much correlate with the Nasdaq.

I know I need to diversify what I am doing and take out dove of the volatility.

Can anyone please share what is working for them?

I need to get back to what was working but don't know which fidelity funds track with the DOW.

I know this will not be financial advice and I am responsible fur my gains and losses.

** edited for bad typing
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 2:12:17 PM EST
Spartan® Total Market Index Fund - Investor Class
Symbol: FSTMX

the fund is 80% DOW stocks, the rest is other US stocks. Read more here:
https://fundresearch.fidelity.com/mutual-funds/summary/315911404
Link Posted: 1/15/2015 6:14:38 PM EST
Search ticker DIA if you want am investment that has extremly high correlatiom to DOW returns
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 5:27:00 PM EST
Thanks to both of you guys
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 8:15:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 9:35:52 PM EST by seeshells]
Originally Posted By StockDog:

I need to get back to what was working but don't know which fidelity funds track with the DOW.

I know this will not be financial advice and I am responsible fur my gains and losses.

View Quote
I'd suggest educational financial reading. Your request for a fund that emulates the DOW is shortsighted, or concentrated on what the media quotes daily, the DOW. DOW stats, a news media focus because its told and paid to do so, is nothing but a financial concentration of 30 stocks, G.E being the only one there since its inception. I'd suggest perhaps you investigate FTSMX. No ones going to tell you how to make a killing in the mkt, thats life. Good luck!
Top Top