Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/28/2006 9:50:44 PM EDT
I'm going to close real soon (Feb 3rd) on some property here but hitting some speed bumps concerning insurance: either it's too expensive ($2K per year, national chains) or the only local broker  (farm bureau $883 per year) needs the exact model  on a `97 Patriot manufactured home -no clue on how to find.

I know, its trailer trash but,  I need to find the model from the manufacture and get good, cheap insurance.  Any ideas or leads?

Its all worth it: no neighbors for two miles (meaning no neglected barking dogs, as I work grave shift) and 10 acres for skeet and to put all my junk GM diesels; well two of them anyway.

Thanks guys
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 10:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
C'mon. anyone?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:05:51 PM EDT
[#2]
www.patriothomes.com/index.aspx

patriots home page- even has a link for insurance.    Tell me you already looked here, right?

Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:15:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone should have a Manufactured Home Document of Title on the trailer, it's issued by TX
Dept. of Housing and Community Affairs (at least mine is).  It shows the model designation, county installed, serial #, size, sq ft, manufacturer, etc.

ETA: My trailer at the farm costs as much to insure as my house in the city.  Germania Insurance is on both, around $650-700 for each.
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

patriots home page- even has a link for insurance.    Tell me you already looked here, right?

Yes, but not too much in the way of their history -may be trying to distance themselves from their sordid TP past. My realtor tried to reach them but no sucess.

Thanks, gunlvr8, thats the kind of info I'm try to find.  Anywhere on the vehicle itself to find a data tag?
Link Posted: 1/28/2006 11:34:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes, but not too much in the way of their history -may be trying to distance themselves from their sordid TP past. My realtor tried to reach them but no sucess.

Thanks, gunlvr8, thats the kind of info I'm try to find.  Anywhere on the vehicle itself to find a data tag?

Never looked for any type of tag on mine .  Maybe the realtor can find out something from the owners or title company.
Link Posted: 1/29/2006 9:22:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 Maybe the realtor can find out something from the owners or title company.

Thats what going to happen tomorrow or so, but has to work thru the listing realtor to an out of state client. She doesn't have a clue.

I'd go as far to say if their isn't much interest/profit/whatever on their part you'll end up doing much of the legwork.

I know there is a manufactors sheet glued to one of the inside cupboards, but dont recall a 'model' name.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top