Here's my brainstorm list thus far
• Florida’s New Personal Defense Law Allowing Citizens to Shoot to Kill In Regards to Intruders (naturalist vs. positivist)
• Concealed Carry Weapons National Reciprocity (TX licenses ok in IL?)
• Is the FBI’s Attack on Vulgar Pornographic Websites Constitutional?
• President Bush’s Subpoena of Google
• Should Insurgent Terrorists Captured by Our Government Be Treated as Prisoners of War Under the Geneva Convention (positivist vs. naturalist)?
• How will President Bush’s Recent Supreme Court Nominations Affect Future Cases?
• The Shift of Power Towards the Executive Brach Over Recent Decades
• Analysis of Strict vs. Loose Constructional View of the Constitution
• The Death Penalty in the United States
• Legal Issues Surrounding the New Iraqi Constitution
• Is Gun Control Constitutional?
• The Patent Case Involving the Blackberry PDA
• Colt Defense vs. Bushmaster Firearms (trademark case)
• The Microsoft Anti-Trust Case
• Drinking Laws: US vs. Other Western Nations
• The Patriot Act
I want to the National CCW thing and make comparasions with Gay marriage and Driver's licenses and what not, but idk if I would be able to write 20 pages on it. I'm wondering if I could get enough sources, thats all. Any other suggestions are welcome.
My vote. Requires some work, but it would be a good read.
What about an analysis of the gun confiscations in NO? There was a quick injunction handed down from the Eastern District of LA. You could start by pulling the documents off of PACER (electronic document system) and use the legal analysis in the pleadings as a guide.
I might be able to help with PACER if you're interested.