Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2014 3:34:41 PM EDT
Ok, I know that a president has his cabinbet and gets to appoint SCOTUS justices and other positions, with approval from congress.

But what about all these 'czars" and heads of the alphabet agencies? When a new president is elected from a party that is not incumbent, do they fire everyone and fill positions with people they trust?

What I'm getting at is, if we elect a conservative president, will they fire everyone at the IRS, fire all of Obama's trusted generals and admirals, fire the head of the ATF, etc.? Or will they keep these people in office?

I just want to know how it works, since it seems everyone in government is siding with obama and doing his bidding.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Fourth branch of the government, and the most dangerous.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Ok, I know that a president has his cabinbet and gets to appoint SCOTUS justices and other positions, with approval from congress.

But what about all these 'czars" and heads of the alphabet agencies? When a new president is elected from a party that is not incumbent, do they fire everyone and fill positions with people they trust?

What I'm getting at is, if we elect a conservative president, will they fire everyone at the IRS, fire all of Obama's trusted generals and admirals, fire the head of the ATF, etc.? Or will they keep these people in office?

I just want to know how it works, since it seems everyone in government is siding with obama and doing his bidding.
View Quote

This is because, although they may be members of different political parties, virtually all of these people are members of the Council on Foreign Relations, Trilateral Commission or have attended one or more Bilderberg meetings. Many have all three under their belts.
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Isn't it customary for the political hacks to submit their resignation, at the change of administration?
Link Posted: 10/5/2014 7:14:02 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Isn't it customary for the political hacks to submit their resignation, at the change of administration?
View Quote

Sub cabinet level political appointees don't generally last past the administration that brings them on board.  Occasionally they do, but there's a transition in most cases.

Senior Executive Service and below stay on because they are career government people.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top