Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 4/18/2016 6:03:30 PM EDT
Tomorrow in class we have to do an activity on police brutality against blacks.  The entire lecture is going to be on how police are racist and blacks are just victims of racism.  ARFCOM help me find statistics to refute their points.

I'm expecting lots of Mike Brown type examples.  Lots of bitching about deadly force and how blacks are disproportionately targeted.

UPDATE:  Forgot to mention I have to bring in an example of "police brutality."  I need something good for this
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:05:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The disproportionate argument is underpinned by the belief that crime is, in actuality, equally distributed among races, cultures, and socioeconomic classes.  Bait your teacher into telling the class that, then ask him for proof that the assumption is true.

You're going to fail the class, btw.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Why? Simply sit there smugly with the biggest shit eating grin on your face. When you get called on it simply tell the professor that your privilege insulates you from the discussion.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Why? Simply sit there smugly with eh biggest shit eating grin on your face. When you get called on it simply tell the professor that your privilege insulates you from the discussion.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Tell your teacher to FO

I honestly wouldnt say much as nobody fights harder than a liberal who has been proven wrong, would turn into a shit throwing match if it were me.  

Sounds like some bullshit
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#5]
agree, get you A and move the fuck on.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:10:31 PM EDT
[#6]
The FBI is a great source for information/facts.  Goggle "FBI black on black crime", "FBI black on white crime", etc.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
The Ben Shapiro Show on Youtube will give you what you need.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
...and why are you taking said class?
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:17:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Point out the black VS every other race statistic.  If your only getting calls from one type people, as rational human being would scrutinize them more.
Also could point out the newest stat recently of the black on white murder numbers.  I hate this stuff is trying to divide us.  That's the goal and it's working.

In life, most all races get along but agitators on both sides keep starting fires.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:18:10 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The FBI is a great source for information/facts.  Goggle "FBI black on black crime", "FBI black on white crime", etc.
View Quote

This! Tell your libtard teacher to goggle that.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Is your teacher an ideological hack? If so play along or you will fail.

Otherwise, show how him the fbi crime stats. I also could be mistaken but there were studies showing cops were more likely to shoot a white perp.

Or avoid the question and ask him why formal education insists on being racist by asking youths of color to show up on time, complete work, behave, and take standardized tests.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Probably required for baccalaureate core.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:20:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Why? Simply sit there smugly with the biggest shit eating grin on your face. When you get called on it simply tell the professor that your privilege insulates you from the discussion.
View Quote

We have a winner
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:21:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Rule 1 of rhetorics:  Don't start shit from a position of disadvantage.

If you're going to do this, you need to absolutely know your shit, front and back, and then you need to wait until the teacher digs themselves in so far that you can nail them repeatedly and mercilessly without reprisal.  Then, you need to be okay with the failing grade they're definitely going to give you when you embarrass them.

Based upon the fact that this thread even exists, I infer that you do not, in fact, know your shit front and back, and I'm going to predict that you're not going to learn that much before tomorrow.

Your best course of action is to shut up and color.  Take the A, and get on with your life.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:25:20 PM EDT
[#15]

What class in this?

My son is going to be going to school in a couple of years, and I need to steer him away from this sort of nonsense.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:27:16 PM EDT
[#17]
If this is a real thread let me give you some advice : Shut the fuck up, get your grade, and get out.

A decade ago a militant-feminist accused me of plagiarism TWICE because I didn't keep my mouth shut. She shoved the Hubble telescope up my ass and I had to sit there and explain every reference for TWO 15-page papers.

Save yourself the grief. Colleges are liberal institutions and you won't win any battles there.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

If you're going to do this, you need to absolutely know your shit, front and back, and then you need to wait until the teacher digs themselves in so far that you can nail them repeatedly and mercilessly without reprisal.  Then, you need to be okay with the failing grade they're definitely going to give you when you embarrass them.

Based upon the fact that this thread even exists, I infer that you do not, in fact, know your shit front and back, and I'm going to predict that you're not going to learn that much before tomorrow.

Your best course of action is to shut up and color.  Take the A, and get on with your life.
View Quote

And when the class is over and you get your passing grade and it's official you can tell the "former" teacher they are what helping to cause the destruction of this once great nation.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

I enjoy calling her out on her hypocrisy. The other day for example she was complaining about the NC HB-2 Bill, the bathroom
Bill, and was proclaiming how it was "unenforceable" and "not based on any real examples of transgendered assaulting people". She then go on to say the law was only passed based on feelings.

So I raised my hand and asked her how that was different than liberals and gun control. She had no answer
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#20]
You have to do this?  Your teacher is forcing you to lie.

Report this teacher.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

General education requirement. "US diversity" credit

I'm just trying to get my engineering degree
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:29:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Blame it on the rebel flag OP
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:30:37 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I enjoy calling her out on her hypocrisy. The other day for example she was complaining about the NC HB-2 Bill, the bathroom
Bill, and was proclaiming how it was "unenforceable" and "not based on any real examples of transgendered assaulting people". She then go on to say the law was only passed based on feelings.

So I raised my hand and asked her how that was different than liberals and gun control. She had no answer
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ask her if she would want her daughter in a bathroom with a guy with his cock hanging out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Choose your battles wisely. You need not plant your flag on every hill.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:32:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

What class in this?

My son is going to be going to school in a couple of years, and I need to steer him away from this sort of nonsense.

View Quote

Unfortunately most Bachelor's Degrees require a bunch of bullshit courses in the humanities even if you're a science or engineering major. If your son is has a good advisor they can steer him around the worst of the bullshit courses by advising him which, if any, courses will be a substitute for sociology type courses. For instance, I was able to take a geography course instead of sociology.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:33:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:33:36 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does American history from 1776-1865 cover that?  There were plenty of employeed blacks then, especially in your state.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#28]
in for the aar, OP, please video this

as others have said, bait the teacher into saying that crime is evenly spread across the spectrum. then nail her with the FBI statistics
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:39:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If this is a real thread let me give you some advice : Shut the fuck up, get your grade, and get out.

A decade ago a militant-feminist accused me of plagiarism TWICE because I didn't keep my mouth shut. She shoved the Hubble telescope up my ass and I had to sit there and explain every reference for TWO 15-page papers.

Save yourself the grief. Colleges are liberal institutions and you won't win any battles there.

View Quote

Your spot on about Colleges now being libtard institutions.  And if you try to engage them in a discussion/ debate they are like what the Nazis were....No other thinking /free speach allowed.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Find some examples of police brutality against whites, reverse whites to blacks, present it, then go oops my bad!
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:41:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Unfortunately most Bachelor's Degrees require a bunch of bullshit courses in the humanities even if you're a science or engineering major. If your son is has a good advisor they can steer him around the worst of the bullshit courses by advising him which, if any, courses will be a substitute for sociology type courses. For instance, I was able to take a geography course instead of sociology.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What class in this?

Good to know.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:43:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That sucks, I avoid those classes like the plague
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:43:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

"Well Rounded Education".

When I was working on MY degree nearly a third lf the subjects had nothing to do with math or IT.

Digging out my transcript: One course was, if I'm reading right, "Personal & Family Health".  I forget most of it, but there we got to see an Educational Film where a few couples had sex.  We even had a junkie talk to us about his habit. He was into everything.

Another one was "Science Fiction Literature".  We were assigned Classic Sci-Fi novels to read and make a report on.  It wasn't that bad.  Many of the books I already read, others had been made into movies so I just had to do a lot of remembering.  Between my 42½ hour Work Week and programming courses I didn't have time to do much reading.  Hollyweird should have kept closer to the books: I got C+; the Computer course I got an A and a record for completed programs.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Just pull up the stats showing that cops are quicker to use lethal force against whites than blacks.

ETA:http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/5/police-officers-more-hesitant-to-shoot-black-suspe/?page=all
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:44:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What class in this?

Most of the time there are a bunch of options for the general education requirements, just have to be smart about which ones you take
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ask her if she would want her daughter in a bathroom with a guy with his cock hanging out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:46:19 PM EDT
[#38]
edited
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:46:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Get it on camera. This has potential.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:48:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

dude does more than sell condoms.
he is spot on...
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

What class in this?

View Quote

There's no avoidance. Universities force you to take general education classes and they are all liberal
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#42]
Go along with her OP, but go over the top, call for getting rid of all police, after all the problem is that we incarcerate to many blacks, they should all be let out.  Only whites should be in prison...  It makes sense, I am sure she will agree.   I just don't want to see a guilty or not guilty thread after she starts texting you nekid pics.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:50:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

There's no avoidance. Universities force you to take general education classes and they are all liberal
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What class in this?

Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#44]
OP,

you are getting an engineering degree.  Gray man this class, go along to get along, regurgitate the Profs BS back one the test, take your A.

You will have a Math or Thermo class where that A will help your grade point average.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:52:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

he is spot on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

he is spot on...

Agreed.  If you are going to dissent then make sure you know your shit, or at the very least the professor is going to be open to dissenting views.  Assuming you know what the professor is going to argue and then trying to do "research" in GD is a fucking retarded way to try and "stump" the professor.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:53:08 PM EDT
[#46]
In for AAR

Do it OP throw yourself on  the grenade fir the chirren. And our entertainment.

Really tho. Be prepared or be defeated. My sons went thru this BS in economics class for shits sake.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:54:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Enraging a room full of liberals sounds fun until you realize it's a long walk back to your car alone.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:57:19 PM EDT
[#48]
You're an engineering major? You've got more important things to worry about than this class.

Edit: actually, if you want to subtly argue against both gun control and show how institutional racism has changed, you could point out the racist roots of gun control  and how ccw laws were passed to keep blacks from buying and carrying guns to protect themselves from the likes of the KKK, but then point out how, today, a black man (or woman) can obtain a CCW permit even in the deep south.

End with some bs about how we've come far, but have further to go.  You'll get a chance to open some eyes about how laws resticting gun ownership hurt the most vulnerable parts of our society

Start here: http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/cramer-racist-roots.htm

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:57:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Tomorrow in class we have to do an activity on police brutality against blacks.  The entire lecture is going to be on how police are racist and blacks are just victims of racism.  ARFCOM help me find statistics to refute their points.

I'm expecting lots of Mike Brown type examples.  Lots of bitching about deadly force and how blacks are disproportionately targeted.
View Quote

Statistics demonstrating a disproportionate number of BLACK COPS "brutalizing" other blacks.  I am sure they are out there.
Link Posted: 4/18/2016 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Go along with her OP, but go over the top, call for getting rid of all police, after all the problem is that we incarcerate to many blacks, they should all be let out.  Only whites should be in prison...  It makes sense, I am sure she will agree.   I just don't want to see a guilty or not guilty thread after she starts texting you nekid pics.
View Quote

This is also another good option. Make her look ridiculous
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top