Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/9/2001 7:21:34 AM EDT
Guys, I have come into some cash, around $1500-2000 to spend on my hobbie. hehe Now in saying that, here is what I got. Armilite AR15 SLR-95 K98k .308 carbine 10/22 92 FS. 22. six shooter, cheap brand. one of the FAL kits from FNFAL.com I think I am good on mags for all right now except the FAL kit. Now, I was thinking of getting the following One of those PASGT vests, most likely from Garrandman. He had the best price on the Large so far. I think $125 I want a gas mask, I think the model is M40. with the hood. I figure $100 for that. Need to be able to shoot a rifle with it on. I need a backback, I guess a Alice one in Med would work. Figure $40 on that. I need a good set of knee pads, cause I live in a urban environment, and if I fall down, I dont want to break my kneecaps. Figure $50 at most for a good set. Need a spotting scope. Good to 200 mm. Under $100 would be great. Now to the fun stuff. I figure a Beta-C is in order. Ruben is the man to call, so $400. I have been thinking of a OKO site from anti and Grin for my AR, so $120. He does need help paying for Mayo. [:)] Cobra for the SLR-95, so $120 or so more. I need a Reciever for the FAL kit, so which kind and who has a good price? I figure Imbel is the way to go. Also some Mags for the rifle, I think 8 would be good to start. I been thinking of getting a Makie for $100 or so. Should I or not. Or should I try and stay with 9mm to keep the ammo costs down? I want a small pistol. 1/2 the size of the 92fs. I do want a .22 bolt action, thinking about a romainian .22, cause I hear good things. Going to scope it for sure, thinking $200 for the rifle and scope. Figure a 4x fixed power would be good enough to 100 mm. Also a better .22 six shooter. Stainless steel, 6-8 inch barrel. Taurus or Ruger? Or better ideas? Thanks for any info you all might give. I will let you all try out what I get at the 27th shoot at the pit. c-rock [url]www.illinois-shooter.org
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:27:22 AM EDT
Sounds like a plan to me. Of course you could always float a few benjamins my way.[;)]
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:29:46 AM EDT
Instead of the ALICE pack, what about a Becker Patrol pack? Cost is about $200. If you're set on an ALICE pack, I've got a med and a large I'll sell you. I'm saving up for the BPP. If I had the money, I'd get the LEGP rifle.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:34:30 AM EDT
I think Grin and anti had the Beta-C for just a bit cheaper with the LEGP deal. If you are thinking about buying the OKO from them, you might think about getting the Beta-C from them as well. Have fun spending your dough. I know one guy that is jealous......
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:40:50 AM EDT
I don't see the LEGP on your list to buy, surely that's a typo??? COLTSHORTY GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA "I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 7:53:45 AM EDT
SPend HALF of it and put the rest in the bank-you just guaranteed yourself somthing breaking down by saying you have some extra cash...spedn the first half on the LEGP with some nice options.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:03:50 AM EDT
200 mm scope? I think you mean meter not mili-meter. lol. On the becker patrol pack. They are nice but they are way more expensive than a medium alice pack at 40 dollars. Don't forget AMMO
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:29:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ColtShorty: I don't see the LEGP on your list to buy,
View Quote
I do not need a other ar15 right now. Did I just say that on this board? The only Ar15 I am willing to buy is that green label one you have that you let me shoot last year. I think you paid $700 for it? I will give you $800, so you make a few bucks. c-rock
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:32:14 AM EDT
Originally Posted By salaw00: Instead of the ALICE pack, what about a Becker Patrol pack? Cost is about $200. If you're set on an ALICE pack, I've got a med and a large I'll sell you. I'm saving up for the BPP. If I had the money, I'd get the LEGP rifle.
View Quote
I will drop you a email from home, I am at work. C-rock
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:33:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Cleatus: SPend HALF of it and put the rest in the bank-you just guaranteed yourself somthing breaking down by saying you have some extra cash...spedn the first half on the LEGP with some nice options.
View Quote
Actually, that is about a little less than half. hehe Rest is going into my brokerage account for playing the market. c-rock
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:33:47 AM EDT
O.K.
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:34:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By 7: 200 mm scope? I think you mean meter not mili-meter. lol. On the becker patrol pack. They are nice but they are way more expensive than a medium alice pack at 40 dollars. Don't forget AMMO
View Quote
Yes, Meters, not mm. My bad. I need a scope for when I go to the formal range this summer. Any ideas? c-rock
Link Posted: 5/9/2001 8:57:46 AM EDT
I would second the motion for a Mak,they are reliable,and very accurate, I have a East German one, and so far it has'nt jammed yet,these pistols also have chrome lined bores, a nice touch, I would suggest that you change the stock grips in favor of a Perice or the Mak a wrap grip,trigger pull on mine is like glass, both in double and single action modes, the bulgies from what I've read need a little breaking in before they get like this, about 4-500 rnds, if anything else get one because they are quite possibly the most underrated bargins of surplus guns, fit and finish on mine rivals that of a Walther, it's that good, They are also very easy to conceal, for a $100.00 you can't go wrong.
Top Top