Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 12:56:36 PM EST
Very nice, squared away, young girl (sister in law's sister) is a college freshman and called asking for any stats or sites that show that gun control in ineffective and that the AWB had no impact on crime. She said she was gonna name it "Yeah Guns!" (Kidding... I think, this girl is a hoot!)

She is definately Pro-Gun and likes shooting and has been around my and my bro's EBRs plenty.

She is in a bit of a rush (two days) and I can't dig too much right now plus I am not really familiar with any of the biggie sites with t he RKBA facts.

Thanks much!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:58:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:01:16 PM EST
Just show that violent crimes with longarms remained constant after 1990, or that handgun crime dropped after 1994, despite the AWB not affecting handguns at all.

That not exactly true, since the 1994 ban limited production of hi-cap mags, but the point's the same: violent crime dropped in the 1990's, but there's no proof it was because assualt rifles suddenly needed 10 or more parts manufactured in the US.

A professor at university of Chicgo suggests the big drop-off in crime was due to Roe v Wade, which was ruled in 1973 and terminated the lives of a lot of unwanted children who would have entered young manhood in the 1990's. Interesting theory.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:01:51 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 1:03:26 PM EST by Sin_Bin]
Sorry to be off topic. But if it's your sister-in-law's sister, wouldn't she too, be your sister-in-law?

Kinda like saying, "My sister's sister."

edit- or is this a sorority thing?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:05:45 PM EST
Tell her to go to the library and check out More Guns, Less Crime by John Lott. It is authoritative on how gun control increases crime.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:09:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:
Sorry to be off topic. But if it's your sister-in-law's sister, wouldn't she too, be your sister-in-law?

No. If it is his brother's wife's sister, she is not really an in-law. She's the sister-in-law's sister. If the sister-in-law's sister were a sister-in-law herself, that would make the sister-in-law's sister's mother a mother-in-law?

Got it?

Also, uh , guys, how can we even begin to discuss this topic involving a college coed without, you know ...
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:15:31 PM EST
A noble but lost cause. I applaud your effort and hope it makes a difference.

A simple yet spot on case for gun ownership. Question- How often is law enforcement at the scene of a crime as it is happening? Next question- How often is the victim at the scene of a crime as it is happening? Now who needs a gun more?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:16:11 PM EST
www.awbansunset.com/
http://www.clintongunban.org/

www.fbi.gov/ucr/ucr.htm
www.ncjrs.org/txtfiles1/173405.txt
I cant find the new 2000 study, if yo find it on the site, let me know.

badgerherald.com/oped/2004/09/24/assault_weapon_ban_t.php
the stats in this are good, I researched them and wrote it myself.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:28:37 PM EST
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/guic.pdf

Page 6 is pretty good... it shows the study that less than 1% of criminals in prison ever used or carried an "assault rifle."
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 1:36:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/26/2004 1:37:32 PM EST by FiveO]

Originally Posted By DzlBenz:

Originally Posted By Sin_Bin:

No. If it is his brother's wife's sister, she is not really an in-law.

Ding, ding!

Thanks much guys! I'm gonna sent this info to her tomorrow!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 4:13:24 PM EST
btt... interested myself so that I can have a little more ammo against the anti's....
Top Top