Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 3/9/2015 12:23:33 AM EDT
Must haves
-Made in Europe
-2 door
-Seat 4, back seats will be used for kid(s)
-Great on road trips, ie hold some luggage and a stroller
-AWD or RWD
-Fast and handle good
-Under 60K miles
-Cost under 25K

Nice to have
-Stick or flappy pedals

I can do a lot of my own work so I am not to worried about maintenance

Cars I am looking at
Audi A5 and S5
BMW M3, M6, 645, 650
MB CL class
Maserati

This will be a second car
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:26:42 AM EDT
Why 2 door versus 4 door?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:31:47 AM EDT
You want a 2 door, that seats 4, but is comfortable on long road trips? That's gonna be a toughie. Unless you're talking about kids under 5 but even then they're gonna want a bunch of toys and crap. Are you afraid of buying a 4 door car and being old?
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:33:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2015 12:38:16 AM EDT by 2000Z3M]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By johnnieblue:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I just like the looks of the 2 door better, now if i find a good deal on lets say a M5, RS4, S55, S63 AMG I would look at that
Originally Posted By TheDirtyLarry:
You want a 2 door, that seats 4, but is comfortable on long road trips? That's gonna be a toughie. Unless you're talking about kids under 5 but even then they're gonna want a bunch of toys and crap. Are you afraid of buying a 4 door car and being old?

We have a nice SUV for really long trips, but I did just fine playing "I spy" and other game when I was a little one. Our kid isnt even 2 weeks old yet. Also, the 2 door M3 is long and has more rear leg room than the 4 door
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:34:48 AM EDT
Get a Maserati. You don't see many of them and they sound amazing
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:35:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2015 12:40:04 AM EDT by Beltfed]
Originally Posted By 2000Z3M:

I just like the looks of the 2 door better, now if i find a good deal on lets say a M5, RS4, S55, S63 AMG I would look at that
View All Quotes

Champagne tastes...beer can pockets.

Not sure what nice/descent European coupe you're going to get for under $25k. Whatever it is, going to be long out of warranty (back to 2003-2005).

Here you go....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Benz-CL-Class-Base-Coupe-2-Door-2003-mercedes-benz-cl-500-base-coupe-2-door-5-0-l-/371277536488?forcerrptr=true&hash=item5671dd9ce8&item=371277536488&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:40:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2015 12:41:36 AM EDT by 2000Z3M]
Originally Posted By Beltfed:

Not sure what nice/descent European coupe you're going to get for under $25k. Whatever it is, going to be long out of warranty (back to 2003-2005).

View All Quotes

yep, lol. I know its going to be 10 years old or so but buy smart, ie get it check out before you cut the check and it will be ok. And I can flex to 30K if i really need to
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:41:55 AM EDT
Must haves
-Made in Europe
-2 door
-Seat 4, back seats will be used for kid(s)
-Great on road trips, ie hold some luggage and a stroller
-AWD or RWD
-Fast and handle good
-Under 60K miles
-Cost under 25K

Nice to have
-Stick or flappy pedals

I can do a lot of my own work so I am not to worried about maintenance

Cars I am looking at
Audi A5 and S5
BMW M3, M6, 645, 650
MB CL class
Maserati

This will be a second car
View Quote

Maseratis under 25k are going to be 07 or older which have a very expensive clutch in them that needs fairly frequent repairs. I would definitely rule them out if I were you.

What year ranges are you looking at? I know of a E46 M3 that is cherry for a lot less than your budget. It has a supercharger, makes around 500whp, everything maintenance wise is done (even the subframe reinforcement welding), it is clean inside and out. SMG trans, normal m3 stuff. Pretty cool car.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:42:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/9/2015 12:43:14 AM EDT by Beltfed]

yep, lol. I know its going to be 10 years old or so but buy smart, ie get it check out before you cut the check and it will be ok
View All Quotes

yep, lol. I know its going to be 10 years old or so but buy smart, ie get it check out before you cut the check and it will be ok

Wasn't meant to be insulting of course, but you have to watch out for the costs when out of warranty. Could rip you a new A-hole lol.

But there are some relatively clean cars in the early to mid 2000 range that should fit what your'e after.

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:44:42 AM EDT

Maseratis under 25k are going to be 07 or older which have a very expensive clutch in them that needs fairly frequent repairs. I would definitely rule them out if I were you.

What year ranges are you looking at? I know of a E46 M3 that is cherry for a lot less than your budget. It has a supercharger, makes around 500whp, everything maintenance wise is done (even the subframe reinforcement welding), it is clean inside and out. SMG trans, normal m3 stuff. Pretty cool car.
View Quote

I just started to look at the Maseratis because there is one in dallas for 20K. Can you send me a link to the M3 for sale.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:46:47 AM EDT
Wasn't meant to be insulting of course, but you have to watch out for the costs when out of warranty. Could rip you a new A-hole lol.

But there are some relatively clean cars in the early to mid 2000 range that should fit what your'e after.

View Quote

I know you weren't, don't worry. I will most likely stick with BMWs since that is what I know.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:50:15 AM EDT

I know you weren't, don't worry. I will most likely stick with BMWs since that is what I know.
View All Quotes

Cool!...yeah that's what I would do personally. Either an E46 or maybe could sneak into an 08 E92 M3 (yeah first year of the style).

Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:51:40 AM EDT
Don't get a Saab
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 12:56:04 AM EDT

I just started to look at the Maseratis because there is one in dallas for 20K. Can you send me a link to the M3 for sale.
View All Quotes

No link for it for sale, it belongs to the owner of the shop I work at. I am getting tired of moving it outside every morning and then back inside every night. I can ask him tomorrow what he wants for it and get some pictures of it for you. It is silver with black interior. Honestly though, my vote would be to get an E90 and start modding it as you go. Well within your budget and they can be very fast cars.
Top Top