Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/7/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
My wife and I set a small limit of $150 that we spend on each other for Christmas this year.  We both came to the conclusion that we usually spend to much on each other and that a gift of $150 would require some real thought to make it special..okay..I have been thinking...

What should I buy her?  

medcop
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:07:55 PM EDT
[#1]
A trip to a "Day Spa"--some pampering for herself.  Maybe a gift certificate (or a couple of smaller ones) to her favorite shops.  

I don't know if you have kids, but a day of pampering away from the kids is a real treat.  Even if you don't, the same thing and then a quiet dinner out with her afterwards is something she will appreciate.

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Never buy clothes unless its fur, or leather. Never buy stuff for the house. Jewelry. After everybody else opens everything, "Oh, I almost forgot...." From  the shirt pocket you slowly take it out. Financially it hurt, but...Its worked every time for three wives...through all the fighting or whatever, you can always recapture the moment when your fingers first slid into her bra with JEWELRY.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:23:40 PM EDT
[#3]
$150? That should almost buy her a case of M193 type ammo from Ammoman. [:)]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:25:23 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife usually likes dirty movies and sex toys...
Problem is, she can't open her presents in front of the kids [:)]

I told her tonight that I'd come home from the gunshow in Harrisburg tomorrow with some gifts for her...

She didn't think that was funny...
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My wife and I set a small limit of $150 that we spend on each other for Christmas this year.  We both came to the conclusion that we usually spend to much on each other and that a gift of $150 would require some real thought to make it special..okay..I have been thinking...

What should I buy her?  

medcop
View Quote
Jewelry is all ways nice and personable gift certificates are nice also,but not so personable she would like it if you picked something out yourself in press her by going into a bath and body works by yourself and picking out a sent that you like women want to know what are husbands like try to pick something you know she would like
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
 you sound like my husband LOL!!  :)
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:51:43 PM EDT
[#7]
A Juli Ashton Pocket Rocket.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 9:59:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I was going to suggest a full auto 380 M12 SMG since the two 9mms you are considering are too large for woman's hands.  But the $150 limit is pretty low for this.

Then again if you fool her into thinking this can be bought for $150 or less then maybe you can get toys for you into the house easier since they cost no more than $150.

But then you probably already consulted her and told her the real price.

See what telling your wife the truth does even if it was just the one time. The truth has repercutions that ripple for years.

Don't know your wife but my wife would like a gift certificate towards separate vacations.

Hmmm what does that say about our relationship?

A new Puppy?, definatly not a cat,

Link Posted: 12/7/2001 10:54:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Unless you have a horrible reputation for choosing gifts, I recommend you stay away from the gift certificates.  They're too impersonal and don't show much thought and consideration.  Remember, it's the thought that counts when giving a gift.  Think about what she likes to do with her spare time and buy something related to that.  Or try to remember a time when she mentioned that she wished she had this or that.  A thoughtful and caring gift will be more appreciated.  

If she likes jewelry, and you just can't think of anything else, you can always go that route.  Also, don't wait until Christmas Eve to do your shopping.  All the good stuff is already gone by then.  [;)]
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:26:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love the way you think Boomer.
Link Posted: 12/7/2001 11:34:12 PM EDT
[#11]
If you have to ask the members of a gun board what to buy your wife for Christmas then you are in deep shit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 2:34:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Does she like power tools?
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:17:53 AM EDT
[#13]
$150.00 makes a nice down payment on a $600 gun.  
If you choose something you like then if she doesn't like it you can always keep it and like it.  That way you also avoid standing in the refund/exchange lines.

Please remember that "I just love this_____" means absolutely nothing.  It'll take her about two days to getting around to telling you she has no intention of wearing that Rodney Dangerfield warm-up jacket with the pink pigs on it.

(Years ago I had a friend who actually gave his golf-hating wife a new sand wedge for her birthday.  Of course they are divorced today.)
[:D]
Link Posted: 12/8/2001 5:33:30 AM EDT
[#14]
A gift certificate to Victoria's Secret so her gift also becomes YOUR gift.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Does she like power tools?
View Quote

Careful with the "power tools", she might chip her teeth.  Make sure you supply batteries.  Nothing sucks more than getting battery powered gift without batteries.
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:12:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 8:23:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
A gift certificate to Victoria's Secret so her gift also becomes YOUR gift.
View Quote

Dang we think alike. [:D]
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I didn't think it would be that hard...I think that is why she wanted to set this limit..so I would have to really think about it!

[b]I like the perfume and Victoria's Secret idea[/b]

The ammo idea was good...but I don't think she would think that was very romantic.  

Thanks for the help!

medcop
Link Posted: 12/10/2001 9:53:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Buy her 150 $1 gifts from the dollar store.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top