Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/28/2003 10:04:36 PM EDT
I know I know...APPLES and ORANGES but im am sufferring from a case of the "I WANT, I WANT"

I dont have a lever action nor do I have a frontstuffer But what would a rifle collection be without both.

I do want to get the Goldenboy for my son...granted he is only 4 months old but in this state, by the time he is of age, it would probably be banned.

What would you buy???

Asked my brother: His answer was "Get Both"

Shiiiiiiiiiiiit. If I had the $ I would
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:29:20 AM EDT
[#1]
well i had a Muzzleloader, and black powder cap and ball revolvers. i found them a pain to shoot and a pain to clean. i would much rather have the goldenboy. actually its on my list to get. the black powder was just to much work for me. go to the range and get 5 shoots off in a hour. not my thing. Ronald
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go with the Golden Boy. It's on my wish list as I have always loved lever guns had 2 Marlins. I like the looks of that Henry. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 5:53:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Make it three for the Henry.  This is something you can pass down to your son as a first firearm and is easier to clean and cheaper to shoot to boot.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 6:12:31 AM EDT
[#4]
The only problem with the Henry is which calibre to get?

I think I would get it in 44-40.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
well i had a Muzzleloader, and black powder cap and ball revolvers. i found them a pain to shoot and a pain to clean. i would much rather have the goldenboy. actually its on my list to get. the black powder was just to much work for me. go to the range and get 5 shoots off in a hour. not my thing. Ronald
View Quote

5 shots an hour.  You were a slow loader.  You were right to give it up.
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 9:58:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Make it three for the Henry.  This is something you can pass down to your son as a first firearm and is easier to clean and cheaper to shoot to boot.
View Quote

Thats the reason (Well, one of the reasons) I've been telling the bride. But she went on babbling about him being only 4 months old. HE'S NOT GOING TO BE 4 MONTHS FOREVER YA KNOW!
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 10:46:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Hey, go out and buy the Henry now. Heck we know the real reason you want it.If you buy it now you can check it out and workout any bugs. This way when Junior is ready it's a family treasure passed down from Father to Son. You see I know this secret as this is the same line I gave the Wife Ofcourse she didn't buy that. BobK
Link Posted: 12/7/2003 11:11:08 AM EDT
[#8]
My vote --Henry Goldenboy              [coffee]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top