Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/12/2006 1:18:29 PM EDT
Lately I have noticed that sometimes the anti-theft sensors will go off when I walk into and out of a store. I thought it was my automatic car door lock thing on my keychain. But, then I noticed that it would still happen when I drove my wife's car that does not have that thing on the keychain.

Well I finaly figured it out.

Some months ago I purchased a pair of hiking boots at a discount store (now out of biz). It seems that the store failed to deactivate the magnetic anti-shoplifting thingie in them. Does anyone know how to deactivate that damn thing so I don't get the evil eye from the receipt checker every time I go to Walmart?

Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:19:08 PM EDT
check under the insoles, pull it out
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:19:50 PM EDT
I'll buy them boots from ya. What size are they?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:23:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By krpind:

You think I should post them on the EE?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:23:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/12/2006 1:24:17 PM EDT by viper5194]
Go to your local Autozone, they usualy have the EAS sensormatic setup at the door and youll probably set it off. Ask the manager if you can use his machine ( behind the registar on a lower shelf ) to deactivate your boots. Simply press your foot against the machine and it zaps the tag. Ive done many this way.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:26:57 PM EDT

Originally Posted By xinflt:

Originally Posted By krpind:

You think I should post them on the EE?

Definately.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:28:33 PM EDT

Originally Posted By viper5194:
Go to your local Autozone, they usualy have the EAS sensormatic setup at the door and youll probably set it off. Ask the manager if you can use his machine ( behind the registar on a lower shelf ) to deactivate your boots. Simply press your foot against the machine and it zaps the tag. Ive done many this way.

Isn't the deactivation temporary though... I am probably wrong, but I thought the deactivation was not permanment.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:35:23 PM EDT

Lately I have noticed that sometimes the anti-theft sensors will go off when I walk into and out of a store. I thought it was my automatic car door lock thing on my keychain. But, then I noticed that it would still happen when I drove my wife's car that does not have that thing on the keychain.

Some months ago I purchased a pair of hiking boots at a discount store (now out of biz). It seems that the store failed to deactivate the magnetic anti-shoplifting thingie in them. Does anyone know how to deactivate that damn thing so I don't get the evil eye from the receipt checker every time I go to Walmart?

Not every store is the same. Some stores use different tags(they may look the same but their not). for example, I work at wal-mart and there are people who buy stuff from Kohls and and wear it into our store, and even though it is deactivated at kohls its different for our store and it will till set it off. When our door greeters try to deactivate it we can't. it has something to do with the tags they use.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:40:43 PM EDT

Ask the guys in dark sunglasses that have been following you in the black helicopters.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:41:22 PM EDT

Originally Posted By capnrob97:

Isn't the deactivation temporary though... I am probably wrong, but I thought the deactivation was not permanment.

Deactication is 100% permanent.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:44:58 PM EDT

Originally Posted By capnrob97:

The tags a RFI tags. Any strong magnetic field should deactivate the tag. The above is a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:45:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheRedHorseman:

Bingo! This did the trick! Thanks TRH!
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:51:19 AM EDT
Post a pic of the RFID tag

(papofrfidt)
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:51:59 AM EDT

Help me de-activate this damn thing!

Damn.

And here I thought this was the first ever ARFCOM bomb disposal thread.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 5:59:53 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Outsider_10fp:
Post a pic of the RFID tag

(papofrfidt)

Sorry. Already implanted it under my wife's skin tossed it in the trash.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:14:39 AM EDT
Sometimes it's the RIF tags that some Mans sew into the soles of the boots. Ask me how I know this?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:18:00 AM EDT

now hide it on your wifes or buddies jacket, it would be funny as hell
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:33:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By armoredsaint:

now hide it on your wifes or buddies jacket, it would be funny as hell

I had some jerk put one of those tags in my wallet, that was not cool. I think I still have the tag laying around somewhere, can't remember if I ever threw it out.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:36:14 AM EDT
just put them in your microwave on high for a few minutes. Not sure how the microwave will be afterwards mind you.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 6:53:46 AM EDT
I thought this was going to be some kind of tannarite experiment gone horribly wrong.
Top Top