Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 9/30/2011 7:51:52 AM EST
Halloween is fast approaching and I want to be the hit of the party in regards to costumes.
I want to look like this:

I am hitting the Goodwill on a regular basis searching for a tan blazer and blue hoodie but I have failed, hopefully in the next few weeks my need will be fulfilled.
I'm going to Amazon to order a red beanie hat thing.
I have baby powder to be "ashy"

Only problem is I am a white boy, how do I pull off looking like a black guy?
Is there makeup that will not wear off at the party but can be removed before I go back to work on Monday? I don't want to get fired for some type of HR infraction

Also, need to learn the dance:
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:53:30 AM EST
Blackface, FTW!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:55:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Razoreye:
Blackface, FTW!

Let me say this crossed my mind but that might not fly with my black friends. I don't intend to piss anybody off or cause racial tension. I just want a kickass costume
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:55:19 AM EST
Nice, my buddy did that one year. I was Kimbo Slice, and our other friend was Lil Wayne.

It was great success.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:55:22 AM EST
IBTL
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:56:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By DangerJ:
Nice, my buddy did that one year. I was Kimbo Slice, and our other friend was Lil Wayne.

It was great success.

Originally Posted By DiddyMas:
Blackface, FTW!

Let me say this crossed my mind but that might not fly with my black friends. I don't intend to piss anybody off or cause racial tension. I just want a kickass costume

Two of us did it in 'brownface' - well I was brown body since I was in a beater....got nothing but positive reviews from the black kids....the ONLY complaint came from a whiny white-guilt infected individual and he was shot down FAST by the brothermen at the party. Rather funny actually.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:56:50 AM EST

It was great success.

pics?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:57:30 AM EST
Originally Posted By bgeer:
IBTL

¿Por qué?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:58:21 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 7:58:49 AM EST by DangerJ]
Originally Posted By LGK:

It was great success.

pics?

I'm trying to find them...they might be on my home computer which is fried...I know some are up on FB but you can't pull photos off there as far as I know.

ETA: He even made a crack pipe out of aluminum foil, pulling it out and putting a lighter to it for pics.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:01:11 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:01:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 8:05:03 AM EST by BIKECOP29]
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:03:44 AM EST

It was great success.

Blackface, FTW!

Two of us did it in 'brownface' - well I was brown body since I was in a beater....got nothing but positive reviews from the black kids....the ONLY complaint came from a whiny white-guilt infected individual and he was shot down FAST by the brothermen at the party. Rather funny actually.

What kind of makeup did you guys use? My concern is the stuff rubbing off on other people's costumes. I don't want to hug a girl and her look like I just wiped "stuff" on her.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:04:15 AM EST
Halloween is fast approaching and I want to be the hit of the party in regards to costumes.
http://nachodonut.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tyrone-biggums.jpg
I am hitting the Goodwill on a regular basis searching for a tan blazer and blue hoodie but I have failed, hopefully in the next few weeks my need will be fulfilled.

Is there makeup that will not wear off at the party but can be removed before I go back to work on Monday? I don't want to get fired for some type of HR infraction

http://lesia.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/TyroneBiggums.gif

Why not go as Clayton Biggsby? The black white supremacist? Either idea is pretty fucking dumb.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:05:20 AM EST
Originally Posted By MrMojoRising:
http://www.protanusa.com/

Nice. I'm not trying to look like an oompa-loompa or "the situation" so I'm not sure that will work.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:05:45 AM EST

What kind of makeup did you guys use? My concern is the stuff rubbing off on other people's costumes. I don't want to hug a girl and her look like I just wiped "stuff" on her.

Went to Walmart and just grabbed the generic brown they had in the Halloween area. It did end up wiping off pretty bad on my wife beater, I just threw it away. Skin on skin contact wasn't much of an issue from what I remember.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:07:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By IndustrialRescue:
http://nachodonut.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/tyrone-biggums.jpg

http://lesia.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/04/TyroneBiggums.gif

Why not go as Clayton Biggsby? The black white supremacist? Either idea is pretty fucking dumb.

Have fun staying at home on Halloween pulling your pud, you sound like a fun guy!
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:07:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 8:09:11 AM EST by Captain_Morgan]
I went as him one year.

Lemme see if I can find pics. Edit: unless of course black face upsets people. I don't want this locked.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:13:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 8:13:53 AM EST by Eroic]
Hit up your local goodwill. I'll bet you can find everything for low $

edit: reading fo suckas
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:14:49 AM EST
Originally Posted By Eroic:
Hit up your local goodwill. I'll bet you can find everything for low $

I'm going to check another one this week but my local one didn't have the required garb. I will find it though, persistence: I has it
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:15:36 AM EST
Aha! I screenshotted them off FB and put them on my Photobucket account.

We were still getting ready, he didn't have his cracked out lips yet or the hat on. Crack pipe in jacket front pocket.

Me as Kimbo. I got nothing but love for this costume.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:16:06 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 8:17:41 AM EST by xdoctor]

It was great success.

Blackface, FTW!

That comes in technique and quality materials. Do not buy Halloween makeup, go to the makeup isle and buy real makeup. Its not that much more expensive and it won't rub off as easy. You'll want to get some foam makeup sponges, they look like little wedges. Then just get some base that is the color you want. Apply it with the sponge, so it'll be even and make sure to get it up into your hairline. The more you cover the better it will look. Then you dust everywhere you put the makeup lightly with powder and brush it lightly and quickly with a powder brush until you can't see it anymore. The powder keeps it from wiping off or melting if it gets hot.

But you can't do just base and make it look any good. You'll want to look at eye shadow for a darker brown and for the white that goes around his lips. The darker brown should only be a few shades liter, it is for giving things depth. Use a paintbrush to put it in your eyebrows to darken them, Put it behind your nostrils to give your nose some definition, use it around your eyes, on either side of the bridge of your nose to darken them and give them that sunken in look. Put a bit on your cheek and blend it with a sponge to give them that hollow look. Don't powder until you're satisfied with the entire look.

You're going to want to practice this a few times to get better at it. The first time you do it, it'll look like total shit. Every time you put it on after that it'll get better and better. To get the shit off your face, get some cold cream or some baby wipes.

Before the jokes start, I'm an actor. This is stage makeup 101.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:20:59 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2011 8:26:57 AM EST by Captain_Morgan]
EDIT based on OP's suggestion.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:24:04 AM EST
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
I went as him one year.

Lemme see if I can find pics. Edit: unless of course black face upsets people. I don't want this locked.

Yeah, I'd appreciate the thought but I'd withhold the pics.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:32:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By Captain_Morgan:
EDIT based on OP's suggestion.

Ummm, why? A costume is a costume. Post it up. I don't recall any rules against posting costumes unless it involves nudity.
Top Top