Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2001 1:28:03 PM EDT
Hi Lads, can anyone assist me in identifying the WW2 German Unit markings on a Kar 98k bayonet. It was given to our HQ Bty by an old woman who's husband had recently died, and he apparently brought in back from the North African campaign. Please go to the history forum for the details, Thanks. These marings are "3(or B)RR.405." located on the cross piece.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't think that the Nazi's unit marked stuff.  That was a trait of the Imperial German Army up to the end of WWI.

That sounds more like a factory/part/serial designation.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Drift, but I have seen unit markings on eqpt before, and this is done the same way. Can anyone else help me out. The bayonet is made by V.C. Schinning, SUHL, and was most likely early issue, as this was 1940-41. The war had been raging for just a short time, and the Germans were still producing excellent eqpt then.
I used to own a Luger P08 pistol (1911), that had Bavarian Unit markings in the same fashion as this bayonet. again, the markings are on th quillon as '3.(or B)RR.405.' Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:41:11 PM EDT
[#3]
My typo, its made my VC Schilling, not Schinning. Sorry.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top