Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/2/2011 9:55:25 AM EST
Can anyone help me with information on this device? The seller says it runs off of a C-Cell battery and that it still works. They think it is an active night vision unit and that a large IR source was used. I am trying to decide if I can think of any practical use for it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:00:20 AM EST
Looks like the night sight from an M-60 cupola used for the .50 cal. Although it has been a while since I have been on one so I could be mistaken.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:01:41 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:03:25 AM EST
"practical use?".....boat anchor?
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:09:19 AM EST

Originally Posted By DT120:
Looks like the night sight from an M-60 cupola used for the .50 cal. Although it has been a while since I have been on one so I could be mistaken.

Remember what kind of image quality it had? Active infrared only?

Was wondering if it would make a good star-gazing setup.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:12:27 AM EST
Originally Posted By Tech-Com:

It was passive. Image quality was OK depending on illum etc. Nothing comperable to say PVS-14s.
Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:21:28 AM EST

It was passive. Image quality was OK depending on illum etc. Nothing comperable to say PVS-14s.

Gen 2 quality? I've got a Gen1 Zeiss Orion scope that is as good as Gen2. Makes you wonder how good one from a U.S. tank would do even for its age.
Just trying to imagine what I can expect.

Thanks

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 10:26:50 AM EST

Gen 2 quality? I've got a Gen1 Zeiss Orion scope that is as good as Gen2. Makes you wonder how good one from a U.S. tank would do even for its age.
Just trying to imagine what I can expect.

Thanks

Don't know, hell it may not even be the sight I am referring to. Plus it has been over 20 years since I viewed one.

Top Top