Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 1:37:56 PM EDT
Sorry if this is a dupe, but something needs to be done.  I'm growing impatient.

RE:CBS/DAN RATHER; PLEASE FORWARD EXTENSIVELY

Tell these companies what you think about Dan Rather, 60 Minutes and CBS.

Hit CBS through their sponsors and they won't be stonewalling long. Money talks and B.S. walks.

These companies advertised on 60 Minutes last Sunday. Let them know how you feel about that network interfering in the American electoral process.

Nissan            [email protected]
                      1-800-647-7261

Pfizer              [email protected]
                       1-800-733-9393

Aventis           [email protected]
                       1-800-221-4025

Campbell's     http://www.campbellssoup.com
                      1-800-257-8443

KIA                requires registration
                     1-800-333-4542

Sprint            [email protected]
                    1-913-624-3000

Aflac             http://www.aflac.com/about_us/media_center_contact.asp
                      1-800-992-3522

Citi                [email protected]
                     1-800-285-3000

Ameriquest   https://www.ameriquestmortgage.com/contact.html
                      1-800-523-3964

Splenda        http://www.splenda.com/vcrc/emailform.jhtml
                    1-800-7-SPLENDA

SBC              [email protected]
                     1-210-821-4105

Ford              https://www.ford.com/en/company/onvestorInformation/shareholderQuestions.htm
                     1-800-392-3673

American      [email protected]
Express        1-800-525-3355
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:48:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Relax...Rather will bury himself soon enough...the documents are forgeries...it's only a matter of time...it's not going away, folks...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:49:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sorry if this is a dupe, but something needs to be done.  I'm growing impatient.

RE:CBS/DAN RATHER; PLEASE FORWARD EXTENSIVELY

Tell these companies what you think about Dan Rather, 60 Minutes and CBS.

Hit CBS through their sponsors and they won't be stonewalling long. Money talks and B.S. walks.

These companies advertised on 60 Minutes last Sunday. Let them know how you feel about that network interfering in the American electoral process.

Nissan            [email protected]
                      1-800-647-7261

And just look who is first on the list?

That's right! Our old pals NISSAN...

but why the .jp email?

They are owned by THE FRENCH

http://www.renault.com/gb/groupe/alliances_p1.htm

Effin French Effers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:56:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Do we really want to destroy CBS? Thats a bit harsh.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:57:22 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

My first !

Get outta here, beotch.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:10:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first here,

Wow speaking of harsh. My buddy was right when he said it takes a thick skin over here.
What brought that on? My first post and I get slammed for no reason. Should I will stick to the firearm side of the board?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:22:46 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first !

Get outta here, beotch.

Wow speaking of harsh. My buddy was right when he said it takes a thick skin over here.
What brought that on? My first post and I get slammed for no reason. Should I will stick to the firearm side of the board?

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:25:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is that you Dan? Glad you found your way here old man. You'll get your ass handed to you here if you lie, you know.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I may actually watch the old goat tonight as he staggers out to the newsdesk for what could be the last time, hollering at producers and rambling incoherently, the "Greatest Former Anchor Ever" may yet have a surprise or two for the audience yet as he covers his mouth and OMG pulls his dentures out, hurling them at the camera then feebly attempting to gum a reluctant CBS intern in her groinal area GO DAN!!

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Rather is such a facking asshole. Remember the Saddam interviews.
He was practically suckin his d@*. "F" CBS, ABC, NBC and the new
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My first !

Get outta here, beotch.

+1

Such an obvious
Do you work for CBS or are you just a DUer?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

First post and this shit?

OF FUCKING COURSE we want to destroy CBS...and NBC...and ABC...and CNN and all the other ultra left wing liberal fucknut media such as the New York Times, etc. etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. There are any number of honest and relatively unbiased organizations...newspapers, television, radio and internet-based, out there in the "New Media" who can...and will...tell it like it REALLY is.

Yes, you DO need to go elsewhere...back to DU would probably be appropriate...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:01:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:04:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Goodbye to All That
Dan Rather goes the way of the dinosaurs.

I love the CBS News forged-document story. To paraphrase the abominable snowman from the Bugs Bunny cartoons, I want to hug it and squeeze it and name it George. Okay, I don't want to name it George, but you get my drift. If this story were hot fudge, I would smear it all over my body and then roll around in nougat.

Before I go on, please take a minute to finish your dry heaves of disgust as you purge that image from your minds.

Anyway, to yank you viciously from one metaphorical frame of mind to another, the PowerLine blog may be the Gavrilo Princip of the New Media Age. Or maybe it was that poster at Free Republic.

A quick refresher in world history. Prior to World War I, the world was a huge ball of molten slag and gaseous muck. But that's not important right now. Immediately prior to World War I, the world was divvied up into huge power blocs, basically known as empires. The rulers, bureaucrats, aristocrats, intellectuals, and guys in funny wigs running these empires refused to accept that their way of life was unsustainable, that the curtain was closing on their chapter under the sun ("Jonah Goldberg doesn't merely mix metaphors, he snaps their spines!" — self-blurb). A relatively unknown loser (no offense to the PowerLine guys, Freep, et al.) shot Arch Duke Ferdinand and the whole house of cards came down. Some empires were obliged to help their allies. Others were just greedy, seeing opportunities in others' weakness. The point — which doesn't warrant extremely close inspection — is that the giants seemed extremely powerful right until they fell over. Moreover, what caused them to fall over was their desire to prove that they were as strong as they used to be, that they were still the Engines of History, Masters of their Fates, and the Inspiration of Needlessly Ornate Furniture.

Something similar is going on with the Media Empires of today. Powerline or the blogosphere generally — which would be the "Black Hand" in this analogy — spotted the now-obvious fraudulent nature of these documents immediately. The charge is the journalistic equivalent of an assassin's bullet for Dan Rather. Had he refused to go to war in defense of these documents, he might have survived. Instead he's determined to go the way of the Hapsburgs and his career is over.

Oh sure, he'll probably ride out this election and retire in the next couple years with crates full of gold watches, plaques, awards, and attaboys from the establishment media. But the inevitable fact is that he will be drawn into a war he cannot win. The very best he can do is defend the slender possibility that these documents could be real. At this point it seems impossible that he can prove they are real. Indeed, Rather has already largely conceded all this. His defenses are all about how you can't prove the documents are false, as if the burden of proof for a journalistic icon is for other people to prove what he says is wrong rather than for him to prove it is right.

And, for Rather, this kind of draw is a loss. This could drag on for days or weeks or months. But even if it's days, the bleeding will be fatal. Already, the man looks like a sad buffoon, in denial that the quicksand is already up to his chest. His flailing about "partisan operatives" being behind the backlash makes him sound like the Norma Desmond of Big Journalism. Someone tell me when ABC News and the Washington Post become arms of the RNC, because I would love to see that memo. But before I believed it, I'd study the size of the "th"s a bit more closely than Dan did.

Remember when Joe Gillis told Norma Desmond: "You're Norma Desmond. You used to be in silent pictures. You used to be big."

She responded, I am big. It's the pictures that got small.

Dan Rather has flipped this around. The news is still big, but Rather has gotten very, very small.

The folks at Powerline compare the willingness of Dan Rather to chase a partisan hit job into the land of fiction to the revolution of suicide bombing. The sudden willingness, indeed eagerness, of terrorists to die with their victims changed the whole paradigm of national security. Similarly, Rather was willing to destroy himself in pursuit of a partisan attack. It's an okay analogy, but it misses a crucial point. Dan Rather didn't think he was going to blow himself up. He believed he was invulnerable. He was the equivalent of some powdered-wigged fool who believed that Austria would come out on the other side of a short battle with its reputation enhanced. Instead, it revealed that CBS News is really the Sick Man of Big Media. I have no desire to go trolling around inside Dan Rather's brain. We all know from Star Trek that a mind-meld with such an alien psyche could leave me permanently damaged. But it's clear that Dan Rather doesn't understand what's going on any more than those poor last dinosaurs understood why the tasty green fronds became so hard to find when it got cloudy. As an icon of the old world of big media, his self-inflicted extinction will surely be recognized as the end of not merely Dan Rather, but the age of Dan Rathers.

I don't have any better idea about what's coming next than the folks in 1914 did. I don't think blogs have the ability to replace CBS News any more than Gavrilo Princip and the Black Hand could replace the Hapsburgs. Blogs are great but they can't do the heavy lifting of investigative journalism. But it seems obvious to me that we are officially at the Goodbye To All That moment of old media.

Anyway, let me make one directly partisan point while I'm at it. Dan Rather considers it outrageous and offensive that anyone would question the judgment that led to this situation. He defends what appear to be very shoddy methods (reading letters over the phone to sources, asking sources not to talk to the press, etc.), as if only a "partisan" or a fool would question them.

Well, if you agree with Rather, maybe you should give just a smidgen more slack to George W. Bush about the failure to find weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. Bush's sources were more solid by several orders of magnitude than Rather's, and yet it is "obvious" to so many that Bush lied while Rather deserves the benefit of the doubt. George W. Bush had the head of the CIA, the intelligence agencies of all our allies, the Clinton administration, the United Nations, and most of the establishment media generally backing his understanding of the threat from Iraq. Dan Rather had a couple shoddy Xeroxes — not all of which were examined thoroughly or at all. He interviewed a partisan — Ben Barnes — a huge backer of Kerry whose story has changed several times. But because many who hate Bush believe he lied, they are willing to believe any lies that confirm what they already know to be true.

You might say the same to me, since I'm one of those people who've seen Dan Rather as a joke for a very long time. Fair enough. The difference is that I have better evidence on my side.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:06:48 PM EDT
[#15]
hmmm, first five minutes of the CBS News was Irag in flames, bodies, blood, second story is Hurrican Ivan.... nothing yet about BOGUS STORIES...

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#16]

heeheheheheheheheh
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:10:15 PM EDT
[#17]
but I like CSI and they have the most HD programming
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:19:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Segment coming up "Is Bush dealing with what he did or didn't do with the National Guard?"

same sarcastic attitude

Showing Mcauliffe & the Democratic ad

"Laura Bush offered no evidence to back up her claim that the docs might have been forgeries"

unfreakingbelievable

THen a clip of the brother of a dead soldier claiming his brother died trying to make an honest man out of George Bush.

Nothing too low, eh CBS? Exploit that grief. Bravo.

Fuck CBS.

advertisers tonight:

Pillsbury & Nexium & Lifesavers & Capital One & Windex & Zocor & shuteye.com (Sanofi-Synthelabo sleep products - another FRENCH company) & First Alert & Maalox

too pissed off to watch the rest.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OF FUCKING COURSE we want to destroy CBS...and NBC...and ABC...and CNN and all the other ultra left wing liberal fucknut media such as the New York Times, etc. etc. etc. blah, blah, blah. There are any number of honest and relatively unbiased organizations...newspapers, television, radio and internet-based, out there in the "New Media" who can...and will...tell it like it REALLY is.

Igor

Quite right. Maybe I am in the wrong place. I thought people here valued freedom of all sorts. Not just the ones they agree with.  That being said if AR15.com has the power to destroy the above mentioned groups I would REALLY like to see that kind of power.

DU is for democraps. I am a VERY consertive republican who happens to own and shoot many guns and have a significant collection many would like to have. Far from a DU'er or CBS employee.

Come to think of it, maybe you are in the wrong place with your kill all who oppose me attitude.
I have been looking around for a bit and am quite sure VERY few here share your opinion to destroy the freedoms we value so high. Then again maybe you are just some young punk that has yet to grow up. I can look past that, but it may not be the case. You may be some bitter old man with a demented mind on what a free socitey should be.

Anyway, more power to your destruction and I hope you get well.

Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#21]
CBS isn't worth my time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:28:03 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I haven't watched a major network's newscast in getting close to 12 years now - no CBS, no NBC, no ABC, and no CNN. I will watch the local news and FOX national news but the over the top bias just pisses me off too much.

Letters to sponsors are effective.

Catch up Paul.  Fox is now THE major network for news. Has been for over a year.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Igor

Quite right. Maybe I am in the wrong place. I thought people here valued freedom of all sorts. Not just the ones they agree with.  That being said if AR15.com has the power to destroy the above mentioned groups I would REALLY like to see that kind of power.

DU is for democraps. I am a VERY consertive republican who happens to own and shoot many guns and have a significant collection many would like to have. Far from a DU'er or CBS employee.

Come to think of it, maybe you are in the wrong place with your kill all who oppose me attitude.
I have been looking around for a bit and am quite sure VERY few here share your opinion to destroy the freedoms we value so high. Then again maybe you are just some young punk that has yet to grow up. I can look past that, but it may not be the case. You may be some bitter old man with a demented mind on what a free socitey should be.

Anyway, more power to your destruction and I hope you get well.

PWNED!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:42:32 PM EDT
[#25]
Messages sent. Thanx for the links.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:46:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Lighten up guys, way too early to pass judgement.  Time will tell.

Giving the benefit of the doubt, Welcome Fat Cobra.  As you can see, some are very opinionated.  Stick around awhile.

Semper Fi!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:48:27 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Rather is such a facking asshole. Remember the Saddam interviews.
He was practically suckin his d@*. "F" CBS, ABC, NBC and the new

Remember how Rather referred to GWB as "Bush" and SADDAM HUSSIEN corrected him to say "President Bush".  Saddam showed more respect for our President than Dan Rather.

I HATE THAT COMMUNIST BASTARD!
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:50:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Destroy CBS ? Easy, just turn off the TV.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:52:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 3:59:17 PM EDT
[#30]
Emails sent.  

I have had enough of big media bashing my rights and spreading lies about real Americans and real freedom.  Who would have thought destroying Pravda under Stalin would be a bad thing?  CBS et al are so in the tank for Kerry it is sickening.  I'm tired of PC crap being shoved down my throat and selective approval of the bill of rights by these dirtbags.

[hippy]Speak truth to power![/hippy]  

G23c
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#31]
How about we just destroy CBS News? Destroying all of CBS seems a little excessive. They have some perfectly decent shows. Well, they probably do. I don't really know since I mostly watch History, Fox News, and FX.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:26:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:30:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I seriously cannot remember the last time I watched a show on CBS.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:40:05 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
ace.mu.nu/archives/CBS-LOR.jpg

Exactly imo.

CBS is liars and bastards. And you must destroy it where you can.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:43:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I seriously cannot remember the last time I watched a show on CBS.

Hello, McFly?  I think you're fogetting a little show called Survivor?  Season premiere this Thursday on CBS?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 9:46:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Best way is to move out of the way and let them go, they're doing a damn good job all by themselves.

Wonder how Letterman is doing.  Must be going crazy over all the jokes he can't do.  A Dan Rather 10 best list???
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 10:05:49 PM EDT
[#39]
The last show CBS aired that I would bother watching is Tour Of Duty. So we are talking 1987-1990. CBS sux. CBS News sux even more. And Dan Rather sux more than anything has sucked before. Well, almost.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 7:38:13 AM EDT
[#40]
I just noticed that was post # 357 for me. Fitting.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:03:41 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Best way is to move out of the way and let them go, they're doing a damn good job all by themselves.

Wonder how Letterman is doing.  Must be going crazy over all the jokes he can't do.  A Dan Rather 10 best list???

It appears they are going to make a statement today regarding the letters. It would seem they have felt the wrath of AR15.com Seriously tho, they know they screwed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top