Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/1/2004 7:07:20 AM EDT
Hello, I may get transfer to the State of California (Big promotion) and I will like to know if I can take my Ar-15 & my Beretta Storm with me, please help me with this....
Also, what about my 30rd mags ???
Thanks a Bunch.
Erick
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:10:39 AM EDT
[#1]
No on the AR15 and 30rnds mags.

Noy sure about the storm.

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Send them to me.

I'll take care of them for ya!

In Texas we don't have those stupid laws.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:11:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't go!!!

ITS A TRAP!!!!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Don't go!!!

ITS A TRAP!!!!

+ billions

FUCK COMMIFORNIA
The money will never be worth it.
Cost of living there is nuts!
40 grand a year in Phoenix is the same as 70 grand in Cali.

Come to AZ instead, we are always ready to accept gun friendly neighbors.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:17:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Go to the Calif. Atty General's website - there's info regarding the CA gun ban.  Here's a link:

CA Atty General

Bummer about going to California.  You must now sell your AR-15 to me.  Cheap.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If you go, sell. If you stay, keep.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:20:17 AM EDT
[#7]
What about getting a M1a ???
can I have 20rd for the Rifle?
Thanks
Erick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What about getting a M1a ???
can I have 20rd for the Rifle?
Thanks
Erick.

M1a is a yes.  No mags over 10 rounds are allowed unless the mags were here PRIOR to 2000.

Now, there is that whole don't ask don't tell thing.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:22:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Shit out of Luck buddy
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:23:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Sorry for your loss.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:24:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Don't give in so easily.  If your receiver is not listed, it's technically under SB-23 (features).  Contact DOJ and tell them its not listed can you remove the pistol grip and put on a thumb grip to make it SB-23 compliant?  If they come back no, reply with more arguments, don't give up.

Piss -n- Vinegar, Give um hell!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:26:53 AM EDT
[#12]
I will take them and raise them as my own.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:38:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Men, this sucks, now I'm not sure, i love living in a class 3 state
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:41:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Dude why the hell would you want to leave. Money is not everything! Freedom is.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Those that give up liberty for temporary security ($$$) deserve neither liberty nor security.
Some old dead guy said something along those lines.

Dont go, you'll hate yourself.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:49:00 AM EDT
[#16]
Move to Nevada, Arizona or Oregon and commute.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:50:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:51:42 AM EDT
[#18]
In case you missed it, the comment on cost of living may prove more important to you.
I'm getting ready to build a huge house in Ohio for probably 1/3 what you would pay in California.
Your promotion will have to be really big (as in more than 2x your current pay) to make it affordable.
This obviously depends where you end up, but make sure you consider cost of living first.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#19]
As I understand it, the Beretta and AR are LE only. You can purchase a FAB-10 lower from Shoeless ventures and use your upper.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:57:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
In case you missed it, the comment on cost of living may prove more important to you.
I'm getting ready to build a huge house in Ohio for probably 1/3 what you would pay in California.
Your promotion will have to be really big (as in more than 2x your current pay) to make it affordable.
This obviously depends where you end up, but make sure you consider cost of living first.

With the average house price at $450k-$500k, the salary required is $92k/y.  About 18% of the state are in this catagory.  Good news, prices are changing, and houses are currently being discounted by $50k-$100k.  

I expect a %50 decrease.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:57:37 AM EDT
[#21]
You cannot bring 20-round magazines into the state; you cannot buy them here. Do not come here. Repeat, I would not advise anyone to come here that loves freedom. Please do not take the promotion.

The only way I know of to legally bring in an AR series rifle into the state is if you are in the military. Then you can apply for a special 'Assault Weapon' permit with the CA DOJ. Paul would be able to fill you in on that one (moderator Paul).

Take the promotion if you like:

Traffic that bursts blood vessels in your brain.
Smog to chew on 9 months of the year.
Absurd firearms laws.
All the libs, illegal aliens and homos you can shake a stick at.
A population COMPLETELY out of control, making their own rules as they go, driving like blind maniacs, true believers in political correctness, and one which freely accepts criminal gang members as 'troubled youths'.

You can even buy my house if you want. I'm selling it to make preparations for my move to Nevada.

EDITED TO SAY: Did I mention don't come here? You'll be slitting your wrists somewhere down the road...
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:01:38 AM EDT
[#22]
You may get a promotion, but probably not a raise.  Living here is expensive, and all the money you make will go to rent and gas.  Stay where you are, as this place is f'ed up.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:13:24 AM EDT
[#23]
Practice Civil Disobedience.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:32:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I moved from Texas to California for the same reason. I got a 30K raise. I did it for my family. I can tell you this. I am a gun nut like the rest of you and I wake up every morning just pissed off as hell that I moved to California. I regret it everyday. I dont know if you have a CHL or not. but I did and I really miss it. And I miss all of my rifles. This state it nice in its own ways but I am trying to get the hell out of here as soon as I can find another great place to move my family to.
If you can do without out  you weapons go for it.
Good luck to you.
Brian
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't go!!!

ITS A TRAP!!!!

+1,000,000

Stay where you are!  I hate this place!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:35:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Practice Civil Disobedience.

+1

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:41:44 AM EDT
[#27]
If you are moving here make sure to get your .50cal before the end of the year and regiter it asap.  Maybe sell your safe load to get a Barett or Cobb .50, then start your other collection of mini14's fab10's, M1A's, and benelli shotguns.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#28]
well guys, theans for all the help, ideas, etc.
The raise on my salary is around 40% plus expences.
I will check the cost of living increase, from Oregon to california.
Btw the move is to Sacramento.
Thanks
Erick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#29]
Thanks
Erick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:49:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Thanks
Erick.

Just enough to be tempting, not enough to give up you right to self defense.
Good luck with your decision and stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:34:42 AM EDT
[#31]
If your combined income is around 90k you will be able to buy a nice house, ski-boat(lots of lakes near Sac) and a few firearms(long distance range in Sac) but It gets pretty warm there in the summer (100+ degress).

Reno Nevada is a 2 hour drive from there and San Fran is 2 hour drive in other direction.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#32]
That better be one SWEET job for you to move to The Western Gulag.

Me and my missus moved out of there eight years ago.  Best move we've ever made.  I'm going to the range this weekend with a few EBRs and tons of 30 rd mags with a few hundred rounds of ammo.  Can't do that [legally] in The Gulag.

The best part is, that I can walk to my truck toting those same EBRs and the sheriff and FBI S/A up the street a bit couldn't care less.  Try that shit out there and you'll have a JBT's knee on your neck and lose all your guns.

Good Luck anyway!  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:10:55 AM EDT
[#33]
WHy don't you come out here and look for yourself first before you deside.

LOTS of good features about California.  Yes prices are high, but so is opurtunity.

ANd you can always store the AR15's out of state until you go back.  But the truth is, once most people get here they find they love it.

We are the largest and best state by mistake you know.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:13:11 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Thanks
Erick.

DUDE...Sacramento is my HOMETWON!!

IM me and I can tell you everything about it you want to know!

Average house price for a 3 bedroom/2bath is around $240 right now.  Gas is $2/gallon.

This is a GREAT area!

And our economy base is so freaking diverse that we rarely have a down turn.

IM me and I will send you my phone number if youd like.

SGtar15

PS  BTW, this is my home rifle range.  sacvalley.org/.  It has pistol, 110yrds, 300yrd, and 1000 yrd ranges plus compition ranges!!!!!!

VERY assult rifle friendly and very profesional!

20 minutes away.....

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My whole purpose in life right now is to get out of this hell-hole, and you WANT to come here???!!!

You can forget ANY sort of AR15 whether listed or not, same with AKs.  Negative on the reg-caps , negative on ANYTHING fun.  Let me put it in perspective....the last two military rifles you can buy/import into this state are the SKS (with FIXED mag) and the M1A.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:30:22 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

PS  BTW, this is my home rifle range.  sacvalley.org/.  It has pistol, 110yrds, 300yrd, and 1000 yrd ranges plus compition ranges!!!!!!

VERY assult rifle friendly and very profesional!

20 minutes away.....

Fine Print:  "Assault Rifle Friendly"  applies only to those who owned and registered their AWs before Jan 1, 2000.  Sorry, no new AWs allowed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:54:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Many fun guns outlawed in that oppressed land.

However , you can still have a good minimalist arsenal, certainly enough for 99% of self defense needs.

I say store your guns out of state, or with trusted freind/family and take the promotion.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 11:27:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
No on the AR15 and 30rnds mags.

Qualified no.  contact CAL-DOJ and ask for the paperwork to legally import them. So far everyone I know who has tried has been approved. Most are defeatist and dont even try though.

Option two" Buy a house in Vegas or Flagstaff and fly to cali at the start of your work week, then fly home on the weekends.  several of my coworkers are doing that now.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:29:05 PM EDT
[#40]
Well guys after talking to my boss I will tell you that I'm not moving, I love my freedom, I love all my guns.
Also My wife will have to look for another job, our 2 salaries combine clear the 90k mark right now.
To me, to make an extra 30% in a place that the cost of living is way to high, it will almost be the same (buying power) as living in Oregon with my current salary.
I will stay in Oregon, will have the same living style, Wife will not have to look for another job, I will be able to own any guns that I want or can afford ( I see a brand new Bushmaster M-4 on my future) and I will be able to enjoy my god giving rights/freedon.
Thanks for all the help and for clearing my head.
I love my guns to much.... well after work I will tell my AR-15 that I'm sorry for what I've almost did.
Erick.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:41:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Will do
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:42:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Good choice my man.  Now go bumpfire off a 30 rnd. mag for me.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:46:18 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Well guys after talking to my boss I will tell you that I'm not moving, I love my freedom, I love all my guns.
Also My wife will have to look for another job, our 2 salaries combine clear the 90k mark right now.
To me, to make an extra 30% in a place that the cost of living is way to high, it will almost be the same (buying power) as living in Oregon with my current salary.
I will stay in Oregon, will have the same living style, Wife will not have to look for another job, I will be able to own any guns that I want or can afford ( I see a brand new Bushmaster M-4 on my future) and I will be able to enjoy my god giving rights/freedon.
Thanks for all the help and for clearing my head.
I love my guns to much.... well after work I will tell my AR-15 that I'm sorry for what I've almost did.
Erick.

You did the right thing in my book.  I moved out of CA and now I love OREGON!    Freedom
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:49:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:50:05 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:56:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Anyone mention that you have to register your handguns.  Not rifles or shotguns though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:58:48 PM EDT
[#49]
well you could always paint all your guns pink and slap a glad sticker on them.
im sure they will be socially acceptable in kali then.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:01:32 PM EDT
[#50]
HAHAHAHAH, That is funny.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top